• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you a genius?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skeptical
    So that's what intelligence is all about. If i write a program which solves this puzzle, is this program intelligent?
    Only if it doesn't cheat.

Comment

I would have thought not cheating is definitely a sign of low intelligence.

Comment

Thats what I say about my degree from the University of umbagumba.

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
          20: 8 triangles on an octahedron WRONG
          28: 23 pairs of chromosones in the human body WRONG
          You are right, I think it should be "8 triangles on a regular octahedron".

However, as I understand it, there are 23 pairs of chromosomes in the human body. What is wrong with that answer?

Comment

He might be hinting that the 23rd pair is a non-identical pair in human males. It is still a pair though so the objection could be overruled by the judge.

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
              20: 8 triangles on an octahedron WRONG
              Yes, but 8 tentacles on an octopus is correct and means there are plenty for me to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
                The brick isn't and neither the complex algorithm you write is. However, if they claim that their test measures intelligence, and my program passes it, then surely either my program or myself must be intelligent.
                think Turing got there ahead of you...
                http://www.turing.org.uk/turing/scrapbook/test.html
                Plan A is located just about here.
                If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Working...
                X