• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

money money money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything from £500,000 for an older model (1977) to £3m for a 55 depending on avionics.

Perhaps an older Citation would be a little cheaper!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I read about some bloke in the States making fully flyable Me262 replicas. How about one of those? Might attract a few admiring looks at the local aerodrome.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme
        5 Live were talking about the lotto this morning - does money bring you happiness etc. Anyway one woman rang in who won 1.5 million and she has never told anyone, not even her husband ! Just think some poor bloke is fighting his way through traffic every morning to earl a living and his wife is sat on 1.5 million - it could be one of you.

But then again would you tell your other half if you won that much ?
        She hasn't told him because he is crap with money and used to have a drug problem, and he would blow the lot within a short period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
          I read about some bloke in the States making fully flyable Me262 replicas. How about one of those? Might attract a few admiring looks at the local aerodrome.
          Looks the business - don't think Farnborough would be too happy if I buzzed the runway!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            She hasn't told him because he is crap with money and used to have a drug problem, and he would blow the lot within a short period of time.
            You seem to know a lot about this, sure you haven't got £1.5m in the bank and a druggie husband?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

If it was the other way around he would be a low-life, good for nothing piece of scum no doubt

Comment

Once you've bought it you also need to recon on spending 300k UKP to keep it running each year.

Of course you could crew it yourself, but that's being a bit stingy innit.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I'd rather have one of these...

Only £4.5 Million to buy and about £450k a year to maintain...

Comment

That Me 262 is so neat ... oh to have that sort of money.

Doesn't Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden collect military tanks?

I used to live in Brixton in Sarf London. A neighbour often had a Scimitar light tank parked outside. It looked quite nippy. It might even escape the kengestion charge if it has 7 seats inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
                      That Me 262 is so neat ... oh to have that sort of money.

Doesn't Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden collect military tanks?

I used to live in Brixton in Sarf London. A neighbour often had a Scimitar light tank parked outside. It looked quite nippy. It might even escape the kengestion charge if it has 7 seats inside.
                      Living in Brixton he probably needed one. Still, if you're worried about parking, you can pick yourself up a T-34 for about £10k: Red Army's war-winning weapons are up for sale

Does that fellow do the 262 with the optional 20mm cannons? If not, I'm not interested.

Comment

Working...
                      X