• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vegetarianism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Onions and garlic are actually symbiotic organisms. There is a little creature, actually a type of earthworm that lives just under the bulb.
    The worm extracts nutrients from the soil for the onion/garlic and in return gets a sugary treat.
    Pulling up the onion or garlic results in the worm dying
    On the plus side, cooking spag bol gets a lot easier.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Onions are poisonous to dogs. Perhaps the same applies to vegetarians.

Comment

Is it true astronauts are forbidden from eating beans?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          and piggies
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            and piggies
            Avocado is poisonous to most animals. Kills African species of Parrots within hours.

There's a theory that the avocado co-evolved with South American mega-fauna, and so to prevent other animals eating it developed a toxin that upset just about anything, but that the mega-fauna were not susceptible to.

I say, if that is the case then why not consider that it co-evolved with humans as they're not susceptible, but apparently the time scale isn't big enough.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

If you're a carnivore: how do you react when presented with vegetarian food?

I eat it. Lots of Indian cuisine is veggie.

Once I realised as a teenager that lots of people from India where veggie and they cooked yummy food I had no problems with veggies who aren't your PETA militants.

Plus the people I hang around with who are veggie don't do that. They always provide a meat option even if they don't actually cook it or won't touch it.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I eat it. Lots of Indian cuisine is veggie.

Once I realised as a teenager that lots of people from India where veggie and they cooked yummy food I had no problems with veggies who aren't your PETA militants.

Plus the people I hang around with who are veggie don't do that. They always provide a meat option even if they don't actually cook it or won't touch it.
                Steak Tartare out of a plastic tub?

ClientCo's restaurant does tartare de cheval, but even if I'm so hungry I could eat a horse I'm not going to...

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

ClientCo's restaurant does tartare de cheval, but even if I'm so hungry I could eat a horse I'm not going to...
                  It is very nice though.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    Steak Tartare out of a plastic tub?

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    It is very nice though.
                    Champion the "Nice on bread" horse has a certain ring to it...

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                      Originally posted by TimberWolf

and piggies
                      Not guinea pigs though - According to this, it cures their asthma.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X