• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best 20 Concerts - and those that got away!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan as well and didn't think that much of the show. A handful of songs are fantastic, but that sound gets tiresome very quickly.

Great shows I've seen:

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant - several times, always superb, but the Shepherds Bush 1998 show is still the best show I've ever been to, and that includes...
    Led Zeppelin - the O2 reunion, including that version of Kashmir which totally blew me away. I've got recordings, but I can never seem to turn them up loud enough to recreate what it was like live.
    J J Cale - ultra-rare London show, so rare that no one really knew what he looked like at the time and when he came on stage on his own at the start people assumed he was a guitar roadie setting up, until he started playing Call Me The Breeze. Wonderful show.
    Radiohead - saw them loads of times and, as with Page & Plant, never once disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      I would have liked to have seen Nirvana at Reading.

Shame...
      I saw them at The Hummingbird in Birmingham.
      Saw Zeppelin at knebworth 79, Floyd doing The Wall 4 times at Earles Court. Hawkwind loads of times, best ones at the Melkweg Amsterdam.
      Liked I.C.U better never seen them play a bad gig.
      Saw The Clash at Bingley Hall Birmingham, Nine Inch Nails at Edwards no 8. Best I've seen were The Sisters of Mercy at the Powerhouse Birmingham.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Just got my tickets for King of Leon in Hyde Park - that is going to be awesome...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Guns n roses at Wembley
          Faith no more on the same bill
          Sisters of mercy in brum
          James in oxford

All were brilliant
          P

Comment

Mine are:

REM 1983 Manchester Gallery, 50p to get in, supported by Chris Seivey late of the Freshies.

Joy Division BIHE Refrectory, about 1979...

The Bangles!!

Jason and the Scorchers/Long Ryders 85 ish, Manchester International

Big miss was The Church, went to Clouds in Preston mid 80's but discovered my train back was after they came on so I went home. Very rock and Roll. Still, heard 'em practising from the top of the club steps about tea time....

And, a few months later they were supporting Duran Duran and Manchester Apollo and they didn't turn up so I fooked off home. Or was it Echo and the Bunnymen? Two times I walked off in disgust as some random event at the Apollo.

Others, good and bad...;

Boy-period U2...
            SLF
            Pre-Wind of Change Scorps...
            Michael Schenker Group
            The Jam, last tour
            Rush
            Dire Straits (boring)
            Wire Train
            10,000 Maniacs (though I don't remember this, my bro assures me we went..)
            New Model Army
            Happy Mondays
            Bert Weedon (yes!)

Comment

Bit of new-comer to concerts.

1. Foo fighters Hyde Park 2006, support from Queens of the Stone Age and Motorhead. Brian May and Roger Taylor surprise performances

2. Foo fighters Wembley 2008, good but not as good as 1 and 3

3. Green Day at wembley arena, last Nov. Will def see these again, they were entertainment personified.

My partner went to see Take that at Wembley and although not a take that fan was well impressed with the spectacle.
              Last edited by Scrag Meister; 2 June 2010, 07:22.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
                Sisters of mercy in brum

All were brilliant
                P
                Twot... I wish I'd seen the Sisters circa 84 -what was the line up when you saw them?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

It probably was not the best gig I've seen but it is one of the ones that I am chuffed to bits I was at - Red Hot Chili Peppers, Portsmouth Poly Student Union in 1990.

After six years of trying they had finally put together the line up that took them to greatness. Their material was still a bit ropey in those days so it is not going to be the best gig ever I've ever seen but it was a world away from the arenas and stadiums that you see them at now.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Twot... I wish I'd seen the Sisters circa 84 -what was the line up when you saw them?
                    I saw them in 88. It was after the Mission had formed and Patricia Morrison (?) was wailing on vocals.

The Mission played their farewell tour last year - sadly I was unaware and missed it

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      Just got my tickets for King of Leon in Hyde Park - that is going to be awesome...
                      That will be amazing!! Love 'em!
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X