• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greetings from Dubai!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Dubai isn't a real holiday destination. It's for up themselves, tasteless people with too much money and no class.
    It depends what you want out of a holiday.

I found it quite breathtaking the pace at which the place is being developed although I realise that I probably don't want to ask too many questions about how that is being achieved.

I liked the place and it is well worth going to have a look but I wouldn't go a second time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
      Apparently, after a brief investigation, it turned out that the person he'd knocked down was a labourer from the Indian sub-continent.
      I had a crash when I was working out there. Similar sort of thing - the other guy was a Pakistani - police turned up, no questions asked he got the blue slip and I got the pink slip.

Comment

Dubai isn't a real holiday destination. It's for up themselves, tasteless people with too much money and no class.

You and CM will fit right in.

Don't get burnt :
        Hmmmmm... perhaps...

Good place to buy jewellery though.
        Last edited by cailin maith; 1 June 2010, 15:39. Reason: Churchill gave me the face... the - you have gone to far face
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Hmmmmm... perhaps...

Ooh, I'd like to have seen your original post. Will PM you to find out!!
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

This is the first time I've noticed this quick reply section here at the bottom. I like it.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Hmmmmm... perhaps...

Last edited by cailin maith; Today at 17:39. Reason: Churchill gave me the face... the - you have gone to far face
              too

HTH
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Ooh, I'd like to have seen your original post. Will PM you to find out!!

Well it couldn't have been about me, if it had been, I'm sure it would have been nice!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Well it couldn't have been about me, if it had been, I'm sure it would have been nice!
                  It almost definitely would have been nice, I'm nearly 4% sure.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

It had you "down to a tee", so much so that I thought it best, for the good of the CUK bedwetting community(yourself included) to suggest it was edited.

Hth.

Comment

Even when you're on holiday you're thread hogging, is there nothing to do in Dubai ?
                      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                      X