• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you keep in your glove box?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Is that wise?
    ERm, If i break down on the motorway with a flat tyre - how exactly do I change it without the key to the wheel nuts ?
    (Obviously I'd call the RAC - but they will need it too)
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      Is that wise?
      I used to leave mine in the ash tray.

Having a few cars all with crook-locks it's easy to get them mixed up.

But don't have the problem any more.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        ERm, If i break down on the motorway with a flat tyre - how exactly do I change it without the key to the wheel nuts ?
        Oh that one, I kept that in whatever passed for a tool kit. Held with elastic round the biggest lump of metal in there.

What's all this red crumbly stuff in here?

That'll be the elastic that held the wheel lock key.

What key?
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          Oh that wheel lock. I thought you meant a steering wheel lock bar thingy. Happy motoring!

Comment

Owners manual, emergancy assistance numbers, ipod cable, packet of ibruprophen.

Boot contains:

Emergency kit ( First aid kit, fire extinguisher)
            Accident kit (pen, paper, tapemeasure, wind up torch, disposable camera, warning triangle).
            Work related PPE kit (Hi-vis jacket and trousers, hard hat, rigger boots, gloves and saftely goggles).
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

ipod & wheel lock nut are the only things in there.

Comment

well, i suppose ipod connector cable whatsit is in there too. bloody lifesaver that is. 3 hours a day in the car - there's only so much today show and pm that i can take.

Comment

I also keep phone charge, paracetamol, ibuprofen, business cards, pen in the arm rest thingy.

In the boot I have a box with bottles of water, couple cans red bull, pepsi max, blue ribbands, cereal bars.
                  Also keep picnic blanket, fleece in the boot. Along with screen wash, oil, high vis jacket

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    I also keep phone charge, paracetamol, ibuprofen, business cards, pen in the arm rest thingy.

In the boot I have a box with bottles of water, couple cans red bull, pepsi max, blue ribbands, cereal bars.
                    Also keep picnic blanket, fleece in the boot. Along with screen wash, oil, high vis jacket
                    If we are extending from the glove box, then in summer it's a ...

Fridge.

One of those top opening jobbies that runs off the cigarette lighter. Kept behind the front passenger seat so that I can pull a bottle of water out with ease.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

It's stuffed full of Morrisons petrol station reciepts.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X