• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What do you keep in your glove box?"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    CDs
    Sunglasses
    Tissues
    Key for the wheels
    Seat belt thingie for summer so when you are wearing vest tops the seat belt doesn't dig into your shoulder

I have pockets at the back of the front seats which I keep maps in, wet wipes, kitchen roll and more tissues.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Super ZeitGhost(tm) battery charger thingie coz the battery goes flat.

Ceramic fan heater thingie for defrosting the windscreen in the unlikely event I use the car in the cold again.

Condoms (giant economy size box).

Small axe.

AK47.

Minigun.

10,000 rounds of ammo.

Half a warp drive.

Phasor (permanently stuck on "kill").

A wig I found somewhere.

Box of sweets.
    Such interesting people live in Wales

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I tried the tazer on his thigh, when he wasn't expecting it, and from the reaction I gather it hurts quite a bit.

Now I know what they mean when they say "With friends like you........."

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    sat nav and cables/cable

tissues

nope that's it!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    That reminds me of the acquaintance who got stopped and had his car searched. Shotgun and pickaxe in the boot.

He had a plausible explanation, but it's best to empty your boot of such things when done with them.
    Someone I know bought a crossbow, a tazer, a large flick knife, and a fiendish looking multi-bladed contraption in Thailand and smuggled them back to Blighty in his suitcase. He'd have had a lot of explaining to do if customs had opened it.

Amazingly, the flick knife blade flicks out _and_ back in. So there must be some kind of spring-loaded gadget like a light switch inside the handle.

I tried the tazer on his thigh, when he wasn't expecting it, and from the reaction I gather it hurts quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    A gun.
    I have visited relatives in Johannesburg.

Like many others, they literally DO carry a gun in theirs!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    I thought I would have a look......

Glove Box
    5 CD cases... some with CDs (although not the "right" ones)
    3 loose CDs.... one matching one of the cases
    1 Locking wheelnut thingy
    1 Cable..... USB on one end... "unknown" on t'other (possibly TomTom.... hang on.... Yeah Tom Tom - I wondered where that was!!!)
    1 errrr Mobile Phone Battery..... well it looks like a Mobile Battery
    5 Flyers for various "Attractions" 3 in Devon/Cornwall one Alton Towers, one Woburn....
    1 used Tissue (I don't think its mine!!!!!!)
    1 Bungee cord - badly frayed....

Useless 'kin box behind Gearstick
    1 bag White Choccie Biscuits (Mouldy)
    approx 8oz Crumbs (possibly from WCB)
    1 Urrggghhhh! F'uk what is that???.... Blue furry lump of "something".

Boot..... Nah! I don't dare look in the boot.......

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Glove box: CD's, hand wipes, hands free manual, tom tom stuff, all in 1 tool thing, AA card
    Boot: PPE in yellow & orange & hot & cold weather, binos, jacket, gloves, binos, emergancy silver blanket thing, 30m & 8m tape, Uni bag o'books

Quite boring really

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Misread your last item there.
    You *really* need to get your social life started again Mary

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    tell me more about the fossils

I found a cross section from a fossilised chrinoid in my coat pocket the other day - left over from one of our more successful fossil hunting trips.
    They're only amonites. We went to Doniford Beach in Somerset over Easter and the kids found tons of them. They filled every possible bit of car with fossils which meant we averaged about 1/2 mile to the gallon on the way back home.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post

I found a cross section from a fossilised chrinoid in my coat pocket the other day
    I am forever doing that!!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Manual for the Car.
    ipod conector (sometimes the wife's ipod stays in there)
    a-z
    small national road map
    pens
    Misread your last item there.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    When I picked up Wilma my 49 Buick, in the glove compartment she had half a dozen books of matches from a burlesque bar in Arizona and a used target from a rifle range.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    It's stuffed full of Morrisons petrol station reciepts.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I also keep phone charge, paracetamol, ibuprofen, business cards, pen in the arm rest thingy.

In the boot I have a box with bottles of water, couple cans red bull, pepsi max, blue ribbands, cereal bars.
    Also keep picnic blanket, fleece in the boot. Along with screen wash, oil, high vis jacket
    If we are extending from the glove box, then in summer it's a ...

Fridge.

One of those top opening jobbies that runs off the cigarette lighter. Kept behind the front passenger seat so that I can pull a bottle of water out with ease.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X