• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motorbikes? Anyone ride, what have you got.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dad has been a biker for almost 60 years and this year he's finally getting rid of his BMW 750.
    He had brain surgery and a mini stroke earlier on this year and he's decided to hang up his Belstaff.
    He was only a fair-weather biker in the last few years, but i have very fond memories of riding on the back with him and whizzing off to Wales for the day, when i was a teenager.
    At one point he had 4 bikes - one of which was a BSA Bantam, which was lovely.
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Triumph Tiger 1050 bought new last summer, did 3 months and 8K miles on it around Eastern Europe straight away.
      Perfect bike in most respects. Only big headache is quite literally that, a headache caused by wind buffetting.

Hope to build up a bit of a stable of bikes...quite keen on an RD500 2 stoke as addition number 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        My Dad has been a biker for almost 60 - one of which was a BSA Bantam, which was lovely.
        Bantam was krap
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Havnt ridden in almost 20 years now. Last bike was a Kawazaki GT750 that did doubled as my work bike when I worked as a courier in London.

If I was going to start again I'd go for a Triumph Rocket III, and probably kill myself in the first month of rising it
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I allways fancied one but, BGG is not keen on me getting a bike, which is proberbly a good thing so these days I ride BGG
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
              ........these days I ride BGG
              Kick start??

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                My Son's tricycle.
                I think the important part is MOTORbike

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                VTR 1000 Firestorm here. Has open bore race pipes on with the not for road use covered up by the Manufacturers sticker. Would have swapped it for something newer but can't find a V twin with exhausts anywhere near as meaty and being engine/noise kinda guy not bothered about all the plastic so sticking with it for now.
                My Fazer has 2 cans, stealth bomber manufacturers can, and a twin outlet ART race can. Depends where I am riding as to which one I use. Police attitudes, built up areas etc...

Aprilia Tuono or RSV with a couple of scorpion or similar sounds lovveerrrrrlllyyy.
                Last edited by Scrag Meister; 26 May 2010, 12:38.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                  Kick start??
                  On cold morings he needs a shot of DampStart in the intakes as well.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                    My steeds are an Yamaha FJR 1300 tourer and a Yamaha Fazer 1000.
                    I have an FJR and a Zed thou...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Anyome find you start getting more fearful on a bike when you've become older and have a family?
                      Did some stupid things in my 20s.
                      Not a bad thing I guess.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X