• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MSc in Financial Mathematics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No, it's not my sockie actually - I don't think anybody (even sas) is as sad as to be suity

DimPrawn on the hand though - when he isn't posting under his own nickname you can bet he is posting using his numerous sockies
    Yep fair point. It's such a well crafted irritating sockie you'd have to be a genius to have concocted it, there is no way in hell you could be responsible.

and now for something competely different!

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Currently doing this part time, via distance learning.
      Thought it might be interesting.
      Fook me, its stretching.
      Anyone else doing a tough evening/distance course?
      What do you do to motivate yourself when it all becomes too much?
      You are more contradictory than the Lib/Con alliance!

this is what you said on an earlier thread...

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      He's right though. If you are making money it's just luck, likewise if you lose. Since the underlying system is random.
      HTH, but I doubt it as you have put your psychological barriers up to convince yourself you are right.
      So let me get this right... On the one hand you think the market is random, but on the other you think it is worthy of studying for an MSC. Based on your reasoning, surely you should ditch Black & Scholes for a random number generator. After all, its all random

I guess you can always "put up your psychological barriers to convince yourself you are right".
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Good luck with yours Santaclaus. I saw the thread earlier and watched with amazement as a couple of permie eunuchs berated your risk taking.

Risk and entrepreneurialism is good.

Better to try and (fail or succeed) than to have only studied!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Yes those are ok.

Santa is no entrepreneur - he creates no jobs, no useful product for he is allegedly a dirty spekulant.

Comment

Good luck with yours Santaclaus. I saw the thread earlier and watched with amazement as a couple of permie eunuchs berated your risk taking.

Better to try and (fail or succeed) than to have only studied!!
            Thanks Marillion Fan. My brain was freezing over in my last contract, so happy to be doing what I enjoy.

I guess the eunuchs can get back to scrolling through lines of code now in the vain hope that their managers won't notice they are not producing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
              My brain was freezing over in my last contract, so happy to be doing what I enjoy.
              Well, if your brain is so ****ing great, why ain't you running your Plan B that creates some cool stuff, results in creating actual local high tech jobs? I guess it takes some real ****s to actually achieve that - a lot easier to speculate on FOREX.

Comment

Well, if your brain is so ****ing great, why ain't you running your Plan B that creates some cool stuff, results in creating actual local high tech jobs? I guess it takes some real ****s to actually achieve that - a lot easier to speculate on FOREX.
                You mean like this? Majestic-12: Distributed Search Engine

Now. If you just new somebody who could actually provide you a decent search engine algorithm on top of your monsterous index, you know you might just have something.

Anybody have any good optimized search routines? Anybody??????

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Comment

Maybe

Comment

So now we know ATW is Sasguru's sock puppet

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                      You are more contradictory than the Lib/Con alliance!

this is what you said on an earlier thread...

So let me get this right... On the one hand you think the market is random, but on the other you think it is worthy of studying for an MSC. Based on your reasoning, surely you should ditch Black & Scholes for a random number generator. After all, its all random

I guess you can always "put up your psychological barriers to convince yourself you are right".

Thanks for the morning laugh. If you think a MSc in financial mathematics is about the gambling that you've convinced yourself has a scientific basis, you really are a cretin.
                      Your comments would have been relevant if I had been doing a MSc in Astrology
                      HTH but IDI.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X