• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MSc in Financial Mathematics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Currently doing AAT (accounting) because
    (i) I want to have the confidence to ditch my own number bods completely and understand how to do it all myself
    (ii) I have an awful lot of free time on my hands at the moment hanging around in departure lounges and hotel rooms and need something to keep my brain busy
    (iii) Toying with a future plan B of operating part time as a ltdco / sole trader doing bookkeeping stuff
    (iv) Toying with a complete career change - maybe ACA - when HM Govt halt the contracting gravy train which I expect them to do circa 2012/13.
    Not a bad plan.
    Except you've got point 4 wrong - as discussed in my other thread, the gravy train is coming to end this/next year.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      (iii) Toying with a future plan B of operating part time as a ltdco / sole trader doing bookkeeping stuff
      (iv) Toying with a complete career change - maybe ACA - when HM Govt halt the contracting gravy train which I expect them to do circa 2012/13.
      I got into this area in the 1990s and found there was a lot of scope for someone to bridge the gap between your typical accountant and IT. I was concentrating on interface programs at the time and had some very grateful accountants (think word of mouth advertising). Contracting away from home, and the inherent difficulty of getting online when away back then, got in the way for me, but the potential was there.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

This thread is soooo much about being an employee. Must get an MSC, must train in ACA, must do extra exams just to be employed.

Whatever happened to proper Plan B'ers. Not a proper entrepreneur among you!!!! (Dodgy bean eating Russians excluded)!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Whatever happened to proper Plan B'ers. Not a proper entrepreneur among you!!!! (Dodgy bean eating Russians excluded)!

Comment

No chance could I ever go back to uni to do a qualification, got that out my system years ago with a few qualifications.

Would rather learn a new musical instrument these days, or just head to the boozer really.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Would rather learn a new musical instrument these days, or just head to the boozer really.
              You've already learnt one - playing with our patience on here! Begone you troll!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                You've already learnt one - playing with our patience on here! Begone you troll!
                I play three musical instruments, the same number of degrees I have.

You play with your pink piccolo too much in the bedsit shower.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  I play three musical instruments, the same number of degrees I have.

I also got 3 degrees.

And I also play 3 musical instruments: sasguru, DimPrawn and MarillionFan.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I also got 3 degrees.

And I also play 3 musical instruments: sasguru, DimPrawn and MarillionFan.

You are suityou and I claim my £5 of Pampers vouchers!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      You are suityou and I claim my £5 of Pampers vouchers!
                      No, it's not my sockie actually - I don't think anybody (even sas) is as sad as to be suity

DimPrawn on the hand though - when he isn't posting under his own nickname you can bet he is posting using his numerous sockies

Comment

Working...
                      X