• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Train Journey This Morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    last minute change of plan!
    You mean you got disinvited to the pub crawl because you're a twat?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      Thats very harsh.... one could almost say nasty...... What if it were true?.... What if Gimpboy really was a sad and pathetic little nerd with no friends?..... Could you life with yourself then? eh? Could you?

OK.... Fair enough carry on!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        No, I just felt drinknig lots of beer in a town I don't know wouldn't be very wise & I also had a last minute request from my other mate to stand in for him in the run in Brighton. My mate is a nutter and he thinks nothing of going out and downing 7 or 8 pints. I just can't do that.

Comment

Well I must be ina good mood today. Got on at WSM and sat down with a young lady. We both reached in our bags for our laptops at the same time, pulled them out and both went for the only available socket (don't know why they didn't provide 2 sockets per double seat when they refurbished the class 43 carriages) . Of course, being the gentleman that I am, I kindly let they young lady use the socket and spent the rest of the journey craftily looking over her shoulder to find out who she is, what she does & where she lives etc. I really could keep a file on some of these people!

Comment

Never ever seen a 5 car set before

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Neither had I until last week.

I think it must be one they've got handy.
              Is this train a bog unit?

Comment

owing to the significant events on the rail network this morning I've actually dedicated a separate thread to this morning's journey. See the Utter Chaos thread.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                  owing to the significant events on the rail network this morning I've actually dedicated a separate thread to this morning's journey. See the Utter Chaos thread.
                  Oh really you shouldn't have.

No! I mean it, get a life.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    Oh really you shouldn't have.

No! I mean it, get a life.
                    Don't feed the troll
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning everyone. Well, back to normal today after yesterday's significant events on the rail network.

Not much to report but I did see an eyecatching headline on the cover of Today's Railways in the newsagents at Swindon Station; DB Bags Arriva

Think they could do with some German style efficiencies!

Comment

Working...
                      X