• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Making my last Benched soup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Oh yeah, well done!
    WSS

Well done CJ
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Yeah well done CJ and enjoy the soup, it may be your last now the bucks are rolling in.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
        Well having an Italian Mum helps with the minestrone.
        She is certainly quite accommodating.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          She is certainly quite accommodating.

Thanks chaps...

The mix is the dried lentils, pulses and stuff - you have to put real carrots, onions and celery in it to make it work.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I stumbled across a nice soup recipe on a recent visit to mumsnet. Opinion was divided upon it over there, rather oddly.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              I stumbled across a nice soup recipe on a recent visit to mumsnet. Opinion was divided upon it over there, rather oddly.

Ah yes, scrummy - Sanctimonious Soup?
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Thanks chaps...

The mix is the dried lentils, pulses and stuff - you have to put real carrots, onions and celery in it to make it work.
                Not having a go at you, but TXMax soup? dried? and you put real carrots in it ?

Bleuccch!!!
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Where's your sense of adventure?

This is the 1st time I've done it - I'll let you know if it was a success or not...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                    Or mayhap they are busy, don't judge too harsly, I will make soups of a weekend but mid week is pre made, pre packaged (or one I froze earlier)
                    Cop-out. People have been working for much longer than ready-meals and microwaves existed. In fact they probably used to work longer hours.

Real food doesn't have to take longer to make anyway, and since you can make a cottage pie or something and freeze portions, the time/effort goes right down on big 'batch' dinners.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Cop-out. People have been working for much longer than ready-meals and microwaves existed. In fact they probably used to work longer hours.

Real food doesn't have to take longer to make anyway, and since you can make a cottage pie or something and freeze portions, the time/effort goes right down on big 'batch' dinners.
                      tulip, have I logged onto Mumsnet again by accident?
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X