• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Staying Away: Hotel Tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    I'm halfway through a 6 month contract and I've been staying away from home, I'm based in Trowbridge and I am so bored in the evenings after I go to the gym it's unreal
    Drive from Swansea every day? Bit of a trek but I used to work in Bristol and this guy drove from Cross Hands every day.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I would drive if it was closer but it's a 3 hour round trip and I don't much fancy that, I get road rage very easily
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Sharing with 3 air hostesses!!!

It'll not take them long to rent out this spare room

“Brilliant Location in stunning hs Hosforth £250pm” from SPARE ROOM.co.uk&

Yes...I have applied
        Last edited by Sausage Surprise; 7 March 2012, 12:53.
        Blood in your poo

Comment

3 air hostesses now that would be carnage mwahahahahahaha!!!
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post

Yes...I have applied
            One place I rented in London, I accepted as soon as I read the note on the fridge:
            Hi, I'm Kate, just moved in. I'm a 20 year old Australian gym instructor / part-time model
            I didn't read the rest of the note, to be honest - she was lovely.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

3 air hostesses now that would be carnage mwahahahahahaha!!!
              I rented a room with an air hostess who worked for VA. She was bearly in the place.
              She wasn't' all that special but the tarty red lippy made up for it

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post

Yes...I have applied
                Handy for Yeadon - the Town Arms on Cemetery Road (yes, really) does a nice pint, and some nights there's free curry

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  tarty red lippy made up for it
                  It'd do it for me too
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

I'm halfway through a 6 month contract and I've been staying away from home, I'm based in Trowbridge and I am so bored in the evenings after I go to the gym it's unreal
                    Trowbridge? Jeez, that's a blast from the past. Horrible place really. Used to get into pitched battles there in the 80's.

There was some metric about it having more murders per capita than Cleveland in the US.

Large Polish community there now.

Strange old town. Used a get around with a few girls from there. I'd try and advise other places to go but Melksham, Devizes, Bradford etc are just as bad!

From the ridiculous to the sublime though hey

Comment

You got it, one minute sleepy Trowbridge the next California I can't believe my luck. Even Zurich will be a lot better
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X