• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Staying Away: Hotel Tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    But the students will be back home so try the university accommodation

UniversityRooms: cheap accommodation in London
    Cheers Eek, looks like I can get a university room practically next door to the office for £40 - 60 a night

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      But the students will be back home so try the university accommodation

UniversityRooms: cheap accommodation in London
      Great idea. Never thought of that before. They have them in Edinburgh too.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
        Cheers Eek, looks like I can get a university room practically next door to the office for £40 - 60 a night
        Originally posted by jlharris View Post
        Great idea. Never thought of that before. They have them in Edinburgh too.
        Have you tried these rooms then? how were they?
        I'm about to book for next week!
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Have you tried these rooms then? how were they?
          I'm about to book for next week!
          Not yet, have booked a room near Euston for work for Thursday Night, includes breakfast and free wifi, not bad for £40 ish quid :-)

Comment

Not yet, have booked a room near Euston for work for Thursday Night, includes breakfast and free wifi, not bad for £40 ish quid :-)
            I've booked for next week already

Are you on Cartwright Gardens by any chance?
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

I've booked for next week already

Are you on Cartwright Gardens by any chance?
              Yep Canterbury I think. Looks a bit basic but as I am planning on just checking in before heading off to meet some friends in Leic Sq and will be back late so long as its clean and the bed is comfy I will be happy. The price is a steal though, cant go wrong really

Comment

Yep Canterbury I think. Looks a bit basic but as I am planning on just checking in before heading off to meet some friends in Leic Sq and will be back late so long as its clean and the bed is comfy I will be happy. The price is a steal though, cant go wrong really
                I've been in Canterbury all week and just booked for next week

rooms are very very basic as is the bathroom but it seems quiet enough and there are gyms near by
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

I've been in Canterbury all week and just booked for next week

rooms are very very basic as is the bathroom but it seems quiet enough and there are gyms near by
                  Yep, agree, as I was out all night and got back late just needed somewhere to crash, perfect and the price is a steal (which included a very nice breakfast). Didn't try the internet as my 3G was working fine. Would use it again for def if I need to stay down for the odd night or two :-)

Comment

Just booked another 3 nights via University Rooms @ London Fitzrovia for next week, £111 all in (37 quid a night), really cant complain as its 2 mins from the office , I guess the students will be back soon so its £100+ quid for a rubbish travelodge next month

Comment

I am finding serviced apartments more competitive than hotels recently, especially if you can commit to minimum spend over a period.

My current gig doesn't allow for much forward planning for booking more than a week or two in advance but I have been able to get rooms booked for £42 in Leeds and £86 in Central London.

For me they are better over the long term as you can prepare your own food, eat healthier whilst spending less than you would in restaurants.

You can also get them to keep a bag of belongings there between visits which helps with trips.

£42 for this vs. £50 for a night in a Travelodge? No brainer.

Comment

Working...
                      X