• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO : Anyone at Parasol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steven@Parasol View Post
    I work in ClearSky’s marketing team and the reason we advertise on Contractor UK is because it is the most influential and authoritative forum available to contractors in the UK
    I thank you...

Comment

Dear Churchill et al.

Bollocks

Steven
      FTFY
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

want to suggest what our next campaign should look like, we’d love to hear from you
        How's about a dog bounding up from the background, like the ball.

'Cause it's after the ball innit.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Dear Churchill et al.
          {blah}
          suggest what our next campaign should look like
          {blah}
          Steven
          It's the sheer sexism of singling out the all male football world cup that gets me. Why have you ignored the female beach volleyball going on right now in Shanghai? I bet you could find some cracking pictures to use there.

Comment

We do know that the line “We get a kick out of helping you succeed” is a bit cheesy but it’s a direct quote from our MD who genuinely does get excited when he sees long term clients achieve their ambitions like buying a second home. Sad but true.

I’m more than happy for any of you to get in touch with any feedback you might have on this ad or anything else.
            Some of the regulars on here would be quite happy with an animation of a yuppie kicking a beggar...

Comment

Dear Churchill et al.

We’re actually very flattered to be generating so much debate but I did think it was worth replying, just to answer a few of your points.

I work in ClearSky’s marketing team and the reason we advertise on Contractor UK is because it is the most influential and authoritative forum available to contractors in the UK and, although we are aware some of you have found the football ad to be a bit distracting, we have seen a very large number of contractors finding it genuinely useful and clicking on the ad to request additional information on operating as a limited company and about ClearSky Accounting. We have to balance this with some of the negative feedback that is appearing here. I would repeat the advice a number of posters have submitted here on blocking the ads if you don’t like them or they’re not relevant to you.

In the spirit of making our marketing less annoying though, please let me know how often you’d like to see the ads refreshed. And if you work in graphic design and want to suggest what our next campaign should look like, we’d love to hear from you. We promise to use any good ideas or at least put the funny ones on our blog.

We do know that the line “We get a kick out of helping you succeed” is a bit cheesy but it’s a direct quote from our MD who genuinely does get excited when he sees long term clients achieve their ambitions like buying a second home. Sad but true.

I’m more than happy for any of you to get in touch with any feedback you might have on this ad or anything else. It all helps and you can PM here or email me at [email protected]

Steven
              Steven, thank you for your response.

FFS get rid of the bastard football, it is annoying. My pet gerbil is epileptic and has had a number of seizures directly attributable to your advertising campaign!

p.s.
              I haven't got a gerbil but if I did have and if it were an epileptic then I'm sure your advert would cause it serious problems.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                If your connection is routed via another country then you just see a simple add no flashing ball.
                I assume I am routed via another country.... and I still get the 'kin Football.........

....although when I have accessed from ClientCo I don't think I do.... although I didn't actually login... so that might make a difference.

Comment

Working...
                X