• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flip the election, just realised I've lost my wedding ring !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking as a married woman .........

You are utterly forked!
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

You are utterly forked!
      But why?

I didn't lose it when on a lads weekend etc. Just getting up and coming to work.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
        But why?

I didn't lose it when on a lads weekend etc. Just getting up and coming to work.
        "well that's the obvious story isn't but where did you really lose it?"
        "did you leave the house a few minutes earlier today? possibly enuogh time to meet someone else and that's the reason?"

just trying to forewarn you of the barrage of impending illogical questions you'll face
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          "well that's the obvious story isn't but where did you really lose it?"
          "did you leave the house a few minutes earlier today? possibly enuogh time to meet someone else and that's the reason?"
          just trying to forewarn you of the barrage of impending illogical questions you'll face
          You've met my wife !
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

You are utterly forked!
            MrsB agrees.

In the space of 10 seconds flat she went from "well how could he lose it" to " he took it off while having sex with another woman" to "thats it, the marriage is over"

Edit : It's now an unconscious signal that he wants to leave and his subconscious made him take it off and lose it.

Last edited by DaveB; 30 April 2010, 10:36.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              MrsB agrees.

In the space of 10 seconds flat she went from "well how could he lose it" to " he took it off while having sex with another woman" to "thats it, the marriage is over"

Edit : It's now an unconscious signal that he wants to leave and his subconscious made him take it off and lose it.

I find it very scary sometimes how illogical the female brain comes to conclusions
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I am so lucky that I've never had a wedding ring. My wife doesn't wear her's either. Nevermind that it no longer fits on her finger anyway.

How about a piece of tin foil? When seen from a distance it just might fool her.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  I am so lucky that I've never had a wedding ring. My wife doesn't wear her's either. Nevermind that it no longer fits on her finger anyway.

How about a piece of tin foil? When seen from a distance it just might fool her.
                  Or them chocolate Eclair wrappers? They're a bit goldy looking.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

If I lose as little as 6lbs my wedding ring feels loose, to the point where it easily falls off if I have soapy hands.

Good excuse to keep eating.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I know it must sound a bit tacky, and maybe slightly deceitful, but can't you just buy another one that looks the same, until the original turns up?
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X