• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why the forum is so quiet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting used to the new layout now, although I preferred the previous incarnation. However, I think the site was haemorrhaging some of the more interesting characters long before the upgrade, so we cannot blame the format change for the place going through a quiet phase.
    Maybe it is just a cyclical event and we will all be back at each others' throats before you can say "Hung Parliament!"?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

My time on CUK was declining before the revamp, but it just looks horrible compared to the older version. First post on the new format so can't comment on anything too much, but the layout and look is very amatuerish at first glance. Maybe it's not, but that's how it appears.

I appreciate this may be the new vbulletin 'look' but it stinks.

FF 3.6
      Last edited by Incognito; 26 April 2010, 15:32.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Getting used to the new layout now, although I preferred the previous incarnation. However, I think the site was haemorrhaging some of the more interesting characters long before the upgrade, so we cannot blame the format change for the place going through a quiet phase.
        Maybe it is just a cyclical event and we will all be back at each others' throats before you can say "Hung Parliament!"?
        fook off you old windbag

Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Used to post and browse from phone most days at work (no access on cleintco PCs) forum now unusable on my technology. All the smug self satisfied insults about being resistant to changes etc can't alter that. I like the new design but can only post in the evenings now.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Used to post and browse from phone most days at work (no access on cleintco PCs) forum now unusable on my technology. All the smug self satisfied insults about being resistant to changes etc can't alter that. I like the new design but can only post in the evenings now.
            What phone / browser are you using? Did you try today as a lot of changes were uploaded over the w'end. If we know what you are using to access the forum we can test and see if we can make it usable for your platform.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              What phone / browser are you using? Did you try today as a lot of changes were uploaded over the w'end. If we know what you are using to access the forum we can test and see if we can make it usable for your platform.
              Thanks I will check if changes have helped - I posted details on the feedback thread (and another before I noticed the feedback one - to which the only response was pisstake from another poster) - however it's Opera Mini and the "Native" browser on a Nokia E71 running Symbian S60.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                It is more usuable now on my android. The Icons at the top fix has helped. Credit.

It makes me wonder how many of the moaners about this are actually IT contractors. 12 years of IT has told me nothing works first time.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  It is more usuable now on my android. The Icons at the top fix has helped. Credit.

It makes me wonder how many of the moaners about this are actually IT contractors. 12 years of IT has told me nothing works first time.
                  You aint never worked with me then!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    You aint never worked with me then!
                    It's taken us, what? 300 iterations to get the suitybot almost working?

Still talks crap.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      It's taken us, what? 300 iterations to get the suity bot almost working?

Still talks crap.
                      We used a Neural network to program it's linguistic and posting abilities. Even with all the bandwidth AtW can muster over 1000s of PC's, we've managed to get it's synapses firing at the equivalent of a mentally handicapped 3 year old chimp. Given an infinite amount of time and bandwidth, we are convinced that at some point it will type something resembling a human post.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X