• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why the forum is so quiet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Can any of the long timers remember how the last forum upgrade went?
    Doom, gloom and a few casualties along the way.

It's the nature of the thing, I guess. For some people it's the excuse they need to make a dramatic exit of something they'd lost interest in anyway. Sure some are genuinely pissed off.

I'm wavering. Not design that's bugging me, really. Just feeling like there's an overall change of supervisory approach, which I'm not really feeling comfortable with. Maybe CUK has ran it's course for me, I'm not really sure yet, but I find I'm less and less inclined to post since all this changed, and the less you post, the less involved you feel.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Can any of the long timers remember how the last forum upgrade went?
      It was total crap (from ezboard to VBulletin), so a lot of CUTTING of visual crap had to happen until board became ok - same mistake done twice IMHO, only this time it's much worse

Comment

The new forum layout makes me think of what happens when your local pub gets a make over.

It looks all shiney and nice at first, but you soon realise that its the same piss heads at the bar from before the refurbishment and when it comes down to it, the new decor means nothing
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I agree with everyone but no one is posting anything of any interest

Credit Crunch - yawn
          Election - zzzzzz

what did everyone used to post about that was so much more engaging?

Comment

Because there are many juvenile posting?

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Doom, gloom and a few casualties along the way.

It's the nature of the thing, I guess. For some people it's the excuse they need to make a dramatic exit of something they'd lost interest in anyway. Sure some are genuinely pissed off.

I'm wavering. Not design that's bugging me, really. Just feeling like there's an overall change of supervisory approach, which I'm not really feeling comfortable with. Maybe CUK has ran it's course for me, I'm not really sure yet, but I find I'm less and less inclined to post since all this changed, and the less you post, the less involved you feel.
              I agree about the character of the forum, and think some things have been over-moderated. For me, the whole swearing thing a while ago made me lost interest for a while - seemed really juvenille - only magnified by the mumsnet incident!

The more colourful characters who've left / been banned are what makes life interesting - and likewise for posts that are irrelevant / controversial - they make it all more interesting.

I personally think there needs to be some liberalisation of the forum, less advertising (the prominence of swooping ball / contractor alliance icons), are pushing things too far imo.

Comment

I personally don't see any issues with the forum, my reason for not posting so much recently is completely un-forum related, it's simply a case of I'm busier at work, it's mostly nice and warm and so I'm out in the evenings and weekends..
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  I personally don't see any issues with the forum, my reason for not posting so much recently is completely un-forum related, it's simply a case of I'm busier at work, it's mostly nice and warm and so I'm out in the evenings and weekends..
                  WHS.

Change in weather(driest April for years), coupled with half term, coupled with posters stuck abroad, couple with new financial year, coupled with change in the board. It's a case of

Why don't you just switch off your PC's and go and do something less boring instead?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    coupled with half term
                    Are you saying half of people on here are juveniles who are still in school? That can't be possibly right.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Are you saying half of people on here are juveniles who are still in school? That can't be possibly right.
                      No. I mean half of the middle aged men on here have taken their second wives away on holiday!
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X