• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mutating Bird Flu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutating Bird Flu

Experts have stated that the strain of the bird flu virus has mutated in Turkey but is not passable between humans yet. I disagree, I'm just recovering from a bout of flu with some weird symptoms. I can only eat Tesco wild bird seed, I cancelled my flights to Rome as I get fly there myself and I've just told my boss that he'll have to excuse me as the sun comes up as I'll need to go into the car park and sing a song!
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

PMSL !

Actually, I think you are probably suffering from Bird-Flu-By-Proxy Syndrome.

This is where we are bombarded so much by hyped-up media reports and constant TV coverage, that we subconciously develop the symptoms in the first place.

Nasty cough ?....must be bird flu
    Pecking at your food ? ...must be bird flu
    Taking a bath in the soil outside your house ?.....must be bird flu

Actually, a friend of mine is quite looking forward to the gene mutating. You see, he is an insufferable hypochondriac, and collects diseases much like a trainspotter collects train details in his little notebook.

<nerdy voice> "Oooh, look at that Brian, a GNER Class C with rebadged livery....Can you hold my thermos for me, I'm going to have to pop to the Gents to touch myself....you can come if you want"
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon
      Experts have stated that the strain of the bird flu virus has mutated in Turkey
      Lucky for us Christmas has come & gone.
      Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Yeah, but what about the Turkey Pluckers ? Surely they were in close proximity to the birds ? A possible entry point ?

Phone the papers...let's start a new wave of hysteria !
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

how come Turkey is the only country near us affected by bird flu? Is it a coincidence? Does the virus has some sort of sense of humour? We should be told! I might have to move from my current "Sparrow Way" address!!!!
          Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
            Yeah, but what about the Turkey Pluckers ? Surely they were in close proximity to the birds ? A possible entry point ?

Phone the papers...let's start a new wave of hysteria !
            Ah well, any port in a storm...

Comment

Turkey is the only country near us
              Becky love, have you been borrowing the "All Terrorists Live Next Door" book from George Bush again ?

AFAIK, Turkey is a bit further than Wales or Scotland....

C.S. Lewis

Comment

yeah but no but yeah but I bet there's more Turks in East London than Welsh and Scots. Put together.
                Chico, what time is it?

Comment

but they can make great coffee...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

actually Turkey's a funny place. I love Turkish food (kebabs and iskenders as you can find them in the southern hemisphere, not the dodgy vans here) and coffee as you say is really nice - but in Turkey itself, it's really hard to find good food and I have been very disappointed each time (2) I've been there
                    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Working...
                    X