• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a mess this forum is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Excellent idea ! I am almost sure this same philosophy can used somewhere. NickFitz, are you listening ?
    Halle-bloody-lujah!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      will be interesting to see how long ClientCo remains in business

I can only assume their website is more of a representative web presence formality, than required for reasons of their business

Milan.
      ClientCo has been in business a long time and does all their business via the website. If they had still been developing and supporting Windows 3.1 or DOS apps then they would have gone out of business a long time ago. Wonder what the word obsolete means

As I mentioned in an earlier post IE6 traffic accounts for 3.2% of hits and let's get this right once and for all - YOU HAVE A FCKIN CHOICE OF BROWSER! If ClientCo wanted you to have a pleasant surfing experience they would have provided the necessary. You're not tied to a fckn desk - go home and use FF or whatever floats yer boat when yer done working.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        ClientCo has been in business a long time and does all their business via the website. If they had still been developing and supporting Windows 3.1 or DOS apps then they would have gone out of business a long time ago. Wonder what the word obsolete means

As I mentioned in an earlier post IE6 traffic accounts for 3.2% of hits and let's get this right once and for all - YOU HAVE A FCKIN CHOICE OF BROWSER! If ClientCo wanted you to have a pleasant surfing experience they would have provided the necessary. You're not tied to a fckn desk - go home and use FF or whatever floats yer boat when yer done working.
        Yes as users we do have a choice, we also have expectations - those expectations have to be managed.

A simple message - as provided by your clientco - explaining the new forums limitations would have managed users expectations.

Comment

Clipper,

i suggest you go home and have a lie down, you're taking all of this very seriously

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            Clipper,

i suggest you go home and have a lie down, you're taking all of this very seriously

Milan.
            Up yer hole tosser
            Me, me, me...

Comment

please, can you warn in advance of such responses

I am working from home and nearly spilled me crunchy nut cornflakes when I read that

Milan.

Comment

Megabank use IE6 as standard and their intranet is optimised for such. Their main website contains loads of hacks to make it render for staff and customers.

IIRC, the logs show about 12% IE6 traffic to the site. The Corporate site. For B2B, commercial, wholesale banking and trading. I have no idea what retail's stats are (but could probably find out).

The project I'm working on now is the first I've been involved with here that has agreed not to support IE6 anymore. The demographic we're going for has a smaller % of IE6 users, and it would just be too much faff.

Luckily, there are all sorts of business reasons to justify exemptions for developers/designers for browsers. Just a pity I can't currently get FF to download adblock.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Correct - I'm considering changing that.
                  I'm begging you to change it - I hate the new font

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                    Do PMs work in the new forum, or are they totally borked as well?
                    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Well we'll soon see when mouth almighty gets his.
                    Yes, PM's do seem to work and so does multi quoting
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

The new font looks good on Safari/Mac does it no?

It's starting the post 2/3 of the way down the screen = FAIL

All this scrolling is not good for my fingers...
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X