• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax Rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Rates

So who's got the biggest take after tax.
    in a brolly and take approx 60%
    3.70%
    in a brolly and take approx 70%
    14.81%
    only wufftas use brollies
    22.22%
    have a Ltd and take 80%
    29.63%
    have a Ltd and take 85%
    3.70%
    in jail for tax evasion
    11.11%
    on social security
    7.41%
    a permie wermie
    7.41%
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 12 January 2006, 14:56.
    I'm alright Jack

...aha Brolly on 70% interesting is this within or oustide IR35?
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

n.o.t.a. m8
      Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Quoi
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Pour Que?

Comment

none of the above
            well I am not in prison yet
            Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
              Quoi
              If you think that if you are a permie you cannot fraud taxes you should have a trip to Italy. I have heard of so many strategies... simulating a marriage separation and let the wife take the residenceship somewhere else, fake support of some invalid members of your family , charity work and donations to some business owned by relatives and so on....
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                If you think that if you are a permie you cannot fraud taxes you should have a trip to Italy. I have heard of so many strategies... simulating a marriage separation and let the wife take the residenceship somewhere else, fake support of some invalid members of your family , charity work and donations to some business owned by relatives and so on....
                Do you live on that Pikey estate up the road?

Comment

yes Franco but do you have tax withheld at source for permies in Italy? In many European countries, it is not (unlike the UK), and therefore as easy to cheat if you're a permie as if you're a contractor
                  Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
                    Do you live on that Pikey estate up the road?
                    If you are from the tax office the answer is yes.

Yes, Rebecca is withheld at source (with the exception of the last year calculation which is normally like 1 month salary that goes off in taxes which you can avoid - it's rather complicated actually) but you can get a credit at the end of the year which will be very valuable as long as you don't have the immediate need for it. Yes, some countries can do without that because the tax evasion has been historically very low, I wonder if they only introduced that in Italy or in UK what would happen...
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X