• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jenson Button

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by centurian View Post
    The new rules reward 'conservative' driving, which Jensen is very good at.
    I don't think so. Button won two races on clever tyre choice in rainy conditions, nothing to do with new rules. We know that he doesn't kill the tyres like Hamilton, but that's nothing new. Remember Hamilton crashing coming into the pit lane in China on knackered tyres a couple of years back?

Spain generally is the most boring race on the calendar, and is just about aerodynamics. Expect Red Bull 1-2.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

If they can't get near the start of the grid, Hamilton's style is better. Despite Jenson's very slick overtaking, Lewis just seems more ballsy.
      If they can get to the front of the grid, maybe Jenson is better-placed.

I still think Vettel is very talented though. And also seems a nice guy, a good face for the sport.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I used to race my TVR (when I had one) in sprints and hillclimbs and the drivers who got the best results were the ones who drovely smoothly, didn't make mistakes and above all made it look easy. The furious ones (like me) who opposite locked round corners,were too aggressive etc were always slower. Jenson is one of the first type - he makes it look really easy, but then that's his skill.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          I used to race my TVR (when I had one) in sprints and hillclimbs and the drivers who got the best results were the ones who drovely smoothly, didn't make mistakes and above all made it look easy. The furious ones (like me) who opposite locked round corners,were too aggressive etc were always slower. Jenson is one of the first type - he makes it look really easy, but then that's his skill.
          I've put a lot of effort into trying to drive as smoothly as possible, which I do quite well, in my average track day driver kind of way. Everybody says it's best to be smooth, but is super smooth Button really better than Hamilton, old-Schumacher, Raikonnen, Vettel and Alonso all of whom tend to prefer to hurl the car at the corner? I don't think so.

So maybe ultimately a bit of agression is better than super smoothness. Oppo on every corner, probably not.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

well my only criticism of Jensen, is that he does have a tendency to go round in circles.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              I've put a lot of effort into trying to drive as smoothly as possible, which I do quite well, in my average track day driver kind of way. Everybody says it's best to be smooth, but is super smooth Button really better than Hamilton, old-Schumacher, Raikonnen, Vettel and Alonso all of whom tend to prefer to hurl the car at the corner? I don't think so.

So maybe ultimately a bit of agression is better than super smoothness. Oppo on every corner, probably not.

I dunno; depends on what you mean by better. Keeping that sort of level of aggression up for the two hours of a race means you are for more likely to make mistakes. I sort of think smooth = consistent, aggressive = erratic.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Hamilton vows to race 'the easy way'

Lewis Hamilton has conceded that it may be time to calm down his approach to racing after another spirited charge through the field in China failed to help him overhaul team-mate Jenson Button.
                Incidentally one of the McLaren engineers when interviewed on Sunday said Jenson didn't look after his tyres noticeably better than other drivers.

Comment

http://www.f1network.net/main/s169/st132220.htm?print=1

Joining Honda at the announcement was F1 racecar driver Jenson Button, who is forming a new aviation charter business and has placed orders for two HondaJets to support this new business venture. Button will take first delivery in late 2012.

Can you imagine the logo, “Fly Button”
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                  X