• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The new Daleks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

This is how I remember her
    What a minger! Now that yank Perry who was with Davidson's Doctor, phwoooooooooooah!

Thought the 'new' daleks were a hoot. Bigger, bolder, deeper voices, I couldnt stop laughing.

All that was missing was go faster stripes and flared wheel arches!

And you'd have though the progenitor would have given them an improved 'hand' instead of that 60's style rubber bog plunger thing they are still running around with!

**** me, they arent going to be masters of the universe if they got to rely on a bog plunger to hold things!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Did anyone spot the slight hat tilt to "where eagles dare" and independence day?
      Got the Independence Day tilt, but didn't see Where Eagle's Dare myself.

As someone pointed out the last episode had elements of Star Wars and Discworld.

Nothing wrong in using odd elements from other places, just as long as they don't overdo it.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        What a minger! Now that yank Perry who was with Davidson's Doctor, phwoooooooooooah!
        Except she (the actress - Nicola Bryant) wasn't a Yank.

No disagreement on the rest of your observation though...

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          Except she (the actress - Nicola Bryant) wasn't a Yank.

No disagreement on the rest of your observation though...
          Well she spoke with a yankie accent!

Her first professional role was as the American companion "Peri" in the classic Doctor Who Series, opposite Peter Davison.

http://www.nicolabryant.net/
          Last edited by BolshieBastard; 18 April 2010, 13:14.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            Got the Independence Day tilt, but didn't see Where Eagle's Dare myself.
            "broadsword calling danny boy"
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              "broadsword calling danny boy"
              Ar, I'll have to watch it again sometime. Haven't seen it for a while. Cracking movie.

Comment

I was waiting for the 'Oh yes' line, but they did get the 'Oi, Churchill' in.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Big up to Jammy Dodgers!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Yeah loved the jammy dodger - just like Tom Baker and his deadly jelly babies
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I cracked up when that Dalek asked, "Would you like some tea?"
                      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                      X