• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I agree with Nick…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clegg

One of the only reasons I thought Clegg looked any good last night is because the Lib Dems have no track record to critique, easy to throw mud when you've never done it before because you know it cant be thrown back

Comment

Clegg & the LibDems, despite one or two promising policies, are fundamentally electoral frauds.

I love the way they constantly throw mud at mostly the Tories, and then accuse the others of negative campaigning and/or sewer politics.

And the way they constantly accuse the other 2 parties of not explaining where the public finance cuts will fall. When in fact, neither are the LibDems ! Just like the other 2 parties only £10billion has been outlined out of £40billion.

So "Oy ... you LibDems ... where are the other £30billion of cuts going to fall then ? Don't want to say do you ?.. Just like the other 2 parties." So no honesty from you either then.

A short while back the LibDems merely looked on from the safety of their bunker as the Tories took the plunge with some real honesty. The public keep demanding that politicians be honest with them. Then, when the Tories were honest with them, (age of austerity, etc) the Tories took a real beating in the opinion polls.

If the public punish honesty and reward dishonesty, they should expect exactly what they get ... dishonesty.

Simples ... pwchhh.

Comment

Despite the criticism with regard to the Liberal performance in election debate yesterday, doesn't empirical evidence, rather than what's said (a poor metric), point to the Liberals being more honest than the other shysters? e.g. the expenses scandal had few if any Liberals feeding at the trough. They generally seem less greedy and dishonest to me, perhaps because there are less of them.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Despite the criticism with regard to the Liberal performance in election debate yesterday, doesn't empirical evidence, rather than what's said (a poor metric), point to the Liberals being more honest than the other shysters? e.g. the expenses scandal had few if any Liberals feeding at the trough. They generally seem less greedy and dishonest to me, perhaps because there are less of them.
          I think that's because openness is part of their guiding principles, it's one of the characteristics that makes people liberals. With the other two, openness is a policy feature, to be balanced against other factors. With the LibDems it's part of who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
            One of the only reasons I thought Clegg looked any good last night is because the Lib Dems have no track record to critique, easy to throw mud when you've never done it before because you know it cant be thrown back
            Much like Vince Cable then, can say what he likes as he'll be the most suprised person in the country if he finds himself in a position of actually having to make policy!
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

I can't do politics at all. There are three guys there. If there is one right answer what is wrong with agreeing with the guy that said it first? Or is that just too obvious and I need to keep my nose out of something I clearly don't understand.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Could be just down to statistics....if it was a few tory MP's being naughty with their expenses thats probably about 2% of the entire tory MP base (189 MP's). 2% of the Lib Dems MP base (63) equates to one person and a left leg.

Comment

I agree with smalldog.

In fact, while I am there, I will agree with anybody who will vote for me.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

The agree with Nick to me, said, if you want to get rid of Brown vote Tory, as otherwise Brown and Nick will be forming a hung government.

To me liberals are the party of even bigger taxes, wasted money and more immigration. Three things this country desperately does not need.

Comment

If the people really want a local council income tax and PR then give it to them, they will be screaming for mercy after 6 months.

I am kind of sheltered now from what these idiots can do to the country due to having a bit of money in the bank, it's the zoomers on 15 grand a year who choose politics based on what the metro tells them on the train will vote them in and will lose the most.

Comment

Working...
                      X