• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New financial crash predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big problem we usually have is calling the time to sell, though.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I made £18K for last year.

I could have made £160K
      I did the same, had all the banks, and many of the mining stocks at the lowest ebb, sold for 25% gains, could easily have been 250%+ ... but you can't think like that. Making 18K is way better than the interest you'd have earned ...

Comment

This is all becoming terribly bothersome. Can economists and investors not put their supposed expertise into agreeing on a solution to all this instead of just shouting DOOM all the time?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          This is all becoming terribly bothersome. Can economists and investors not put their supposed expertise into agreeing on a solution to all this instead of just shouting DOOM all the time?
          The year was 1991.

Gonzo turned up to lecture number three of his second year economics course which the lecturer started by stating
          Over the next three weeks I will be talking to you about how the international currency markets work. Of course, if I really knew how the international currency markets work I wouldn't be here talking to you, I'd be making my living trading the international currency markets.
          Gonzo resigned from the Economics department after that lecture and sought refuge in the Politics department.

It was probably a short sighted decision but on the plus side, I find the events that are going on in the UK at the moment really interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
            The year was 1991.

Gonzo turned up to lecture number three of his second year economics course which the lecturer started by stating

Gonzo resigned from the Economics department after that lecture and sought refuge in the Politics department.

It was probably a short sighted decision but on the plus side, I find the events that are going on in the UK at the moment really interesting.
            Well, I guess that's the bright spot when these things happen; it gives economy geeks something to get excited about. Rather like this volcano for a geology geek like me; yesterday, one senior exec type was getting very wound up about missing his meeting in London and I then tried to cheer him up by explaining that by switching on the news and looking at a few websites he could witness new land forming in Iceland, the ongoing change and evolution of our planet, amazing sunsets caused by tiny glass particles in the stratosphere, AND get a scientific explanation of what's happening, as opposed to the victims of 1783's lost summer who had only the idiotics rantings of preachers of DOOM to listen to.

I would have sung the Universe Song for him but I still can't remember all the words.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm with Blaster Bates, oh and I love a good crash.
              We could see a correction but I doubt we'll see a crash. Nothing IMO in the short term will be able to shock and cause panic like 2008 did, and I doubt we'll see a 'crash' as you all call it. As I've said before, the crash has already happened and it's over. DOn't let the emotions of hating the missed opportunity make you miss out on what could be the mother of all bull markets.
              If the conservative get in, we could see a nice rally, even if the fundamentals don't necessarily support it. Without doing my research, hasn't the stock market seen better times under a conservative government?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                4 8 15 16 23 42.
                I wonder how many people play those numbers regularly. Would be spooky if they came up - even though statistically the odds are the same as any other combination.

Comment

Trading is easy

..... making money out of it consistently and constantly is the difficult bit.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                    I'm with Blaster Bates, oh and I love a good crash.
                    We could see a correction but I doubt we'll see a crash. Nothing IMO in the short term will be able to shock and cause panic like 2008 did, and I doubt we'll see a 'crash' as you all call it. As I've said before, the crash has already happened and it's over. DOn't let the emotions of hating the missed opportunity make you miss out on what could be the mother of all bull markets.
                    If the conservative get in, we could see a nice rally, even if the fundamentals don't necessarily support it. Without doing my research, hasn't the stock market seen better times under a conservative government?
                    If you think its over, I think you are fooling yourself. None of the political parties dare tell you how bad it really is.

Conservatives get in, raise interest rates. Then it will start.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                      If you think its over, I think you are fooling yourself. None of the political parties dare tell you how bad it really is.

Conservatives get in, raise interest rates. Then it will start.
                      Are you saying that if the Conservatives don't get in then interest rate will not go up?

A return of a Labour government will mean that there will be a huge risk premium on UK debt. Effective interest rates will be a LOT higher under Labour.
                      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                      X