• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vatican fails epically to get it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's be honest, any organisation that believes it can be defended by a bunch of panto-dames with penknives, doesn't have all their oars in the water.
    Mind you, if that truly is your defence strategy, you could do a lot worse than locate yourself slap-bang in the middle of Italy!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post

Cobblers. If that were true, there would be no paedophile priests in protestant religions.
      The reason there seem to have been more in the Catholic church is because in the past, trainees for the Catholic priesthood started much earlier, at about 12.

That made them somewhat immature about sex, especially sex with women. In a way they were little more than kids themselves emotionally, although that doesn't excuse them.

But I think for at least twenty years now, Catholic seminaries have only taken trainee priests in their twenties and older, as the C of E has always done. That probably explains why most of these abuse cases are decades old.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

FWIW I wasn't drawing attention to the paedophilia and abuse so much as to the cover-up, and especially to the high hierarchicals who don't seem to see a problem.

Comment

How come nobody else has twigged that this, not the idea that Jesus had children by Mary Magdalen, is actually the great secret spoken of in "The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail" and "The Da Vinci Code".

Take a look at that Da Vinci painting, The Last Supper, that sure isn't a man. If it's not a woman, ie Mary Magdalen, it can only be ... a little boy!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

PS It almost certainly isn't only the Catholic church.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4831184.stm

Probably other religions too. It is insane to trust children to the sole care of unrelated men without proper safegaurds. There is a particular problem with ministers of a religion because the respect they get make parents and others far more trusting.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              PS It almost certainly isn't only the Catholic church
              I agree, and so does the Daily Mash
              If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                How come nobody else has twigged that this, not the idea that Jesus had children by Mary Magdalen, is actually the great secret spoken of in "The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail" and "The Da Vinci Code".

Take a look at that Da Vinci painting, The Last Supper, that sure isn't a man. If it's not a woman, ie Mary Magdalen, it can only be ... a little boy!
                A picture painted by a man who wasn't there of an event that never happened.
                Last edited by Churchill; 13 April 2010, 21:03.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Let's be honest, any organisation that believes it can be defended by a bunch of panto-dames with penknives, doesn't have all their oars in the water.
                  Mind you, if that truly is your defence strategy, you could do a lot worse than locate yourself slap-bang in the middle of Italy!!
                  If you're referring to the Swiss Guard then you would do well to reconsider. They're a superbly trained fighting force but of course you know this - or should!

Next you'll be saying that the Irish Rangers are a band of peasant potato farmers!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    If you're referring to the Swiss Guard then you would do well to reconsider. They're a superbly trained fighting force but of course you know this - or should!

Next you'll be saying that the Irish Rangers are a band of peasant potato farmers!
                    No, that's the Glasgow Rangers

Comment

Working...
                    X