• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I know this has prolly been done but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivor1
    I'm with the big one, just paid my tax bill on self-accessment, cost me a £11k, that was tax 2004-2005 and first tax on account payment for 2005 - 2006. No other revenue but my contract, which for 2004 to 2005 was quite low.

GIANT will tell you what to do but it seems only after you have signed up and costs you £250 plus vat for there help. I did it myself not diffcult.
    Good point I totally forgot about payment on account.

If the IR believe that you will continue to have similar large taxable amounts that are not paid by drip-feed throughout the year (i.e. dividends instead of salary) they are entitled to ask you to pay on account for the next year (usually 50%) this prevents the goivernment from running short of money, or indeed you running off with the money!

Comment

so that £125 should really be in the region of £200.

cheers guys.

Comment

if people who didn't like them voted with their feet and told their contrcator mates, then they'd be forced to do something about they way they work, until then why bother?
        well people are voting with their feet - I've just pointed a chum who wanted to jump The Big One's ship to Parasol (and this board of course - are you out there Dear?)
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

So is Parasol OK

60% of salary...

What should one be aiming for...?
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
          X