• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Michael McIntyre .... where does he rank in the list of all time great comedians?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I'm still shocked that somebody thought you and him were tay
    That makes me glum
    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

His material delivered by almost any other comic would be brilliant. He's just too irritating himself. Eveyrtime he opens his mouth I get wound up
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Went to see him at Wembley and distinctly average. Seemed like he was timing the gig by his watch... On - Jokes - off see you bye.

Jimmy Carr on the other hand took questions, heckles and was on 45 mins more than billed. Brilliant!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Imo Peter Kay has the same act as Mike Harding - Mike Harding was funnier though. He's just a beardy-weirdy folky singer now.
          Yeah, I kind of agree, PK is a funny bloke, like you get a funny bloke in the office, but he's a bit one trick....

Remember Bob Williamson, another Bolton Son? He was funny, but maybe it's nostalgia...

Another Bolton Comic, sadly missed, died a few years back at 42, the late lamented Hovis Presley, deadpan and without charisma, a smile comic rather than a laugh-out-loud:

I've bitten off more than you've had hot dinners

I once spent an evening with Lola or Layla
          She said make me breathless I hid her inhaler
          And there was one to the tune of Hendrix's Hey Joe;

"Hey Joe, where do think you're going,
          With that Black and Decker Workmate in your hand?

I'm going to dismantle my Old Lady...."

Class!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Yeah, I kind of agree, PK is a funny bloke, like you get a funny bloke in the office, but he's a bit one trick....

Remember Bob Williamson, another Bolton Son? He was funny, but maybe it's nostalgia...

Another Bolton Comic, sadly missed, died a few years back at 42, the late lamented Hovis Presley, deadpan and without charisma, a smile comic rather than a laugh-out-loud:

And there was one to the tune of Hendrix's Hey Joe;

"Hey Joe, where do think you're going,
            With that Black and Decker Workmate in your hand?

I'm going to dismantle my Old Lady...."

Class!
            I suppose you had to be there...

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
              Went to see him at Wembley and distinctly average. Seemed like he was timing the gig by his watch... On - Jokes - off see you bye.

Jimmy Carr on the other hand took questions, heckles and was on 45 mins more than billed. Brilliant!!!
              Jimmy is a class act. Best put down of a heckler I' ve ever seen was this one.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Jimmy is a class act. Best put down of a heckler I' ve ever seen was this one.
                Bernard Manning's retort to a heckler at the Embassy Club who'd said he'd paid good money for his seat was "Money I've got, aggro I don't need now f**k off!"

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Bernard Manning's retort to a heckler at the Embassy Club who'd said he'd paid good money for his seat was "Money I've got, aggro I don't need now f**k off!"

I once made the serious mistake of downing two pints of JW Lees in one (well two - not Moonraker thank God) on a stag do at the Embassy while BM was on.

Of course within seconds of doing it I wanted a piss. No way was I going while BM was, especially as we where sat at the front.

Eventually there was a break, off I went. huge queue. Got in, had my pee, came out, BM back on....foookk....

I made it, the guy behind me got it, he was short and got loads of Japanese sniper jibes....

The Follies of Men's youth are in retrospect glorious.....

Comment

No mention yet of Frankie Boyle? One of the funniest blokes I've seen in years!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      I once made the serious mistake of downing two pints of JW Lees in one (well two - not Moonraker thank God) on a stag do at the Embassy while BM was on.

Of course within seconds of doing it I wanted a piss. No way was I going while BM was, especially as we where sat at the front.

Eventually there was a break, off I went. huge queue. Got in, had my pee, came out, BM back on....foookk....

I made it, the guy behind me got it, he was short and got loads of Japanese sniper jibes....

The Follies of Men's youth are in retrospect glorious.....
                      I had my first stag-night at the Embassy. Don't know where I'm having my next one...

Comment

Working...
                      X