• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Michael McIntyre .... where does he rank in the list of all time great comedians?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Lee Evans "miming" to Bohemian Rhapsody was hilarious.
    Saw that on the Comedy Gala last night, didn't find it that funny.

On the other hand, I actually really like Michael McIntyre.

It's like anything, some people like one thing, others don't. With comedians over the years it's the same.

Some people love Reeves and Mortimer, others think are crap.

The Mighty Boosh is popular now, but I think it's total rubbish - but then again, I thought Noel Fielding (one half of Mighty Boosh) was really funny during the Comedy Gala

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      Saw that on the Comedy Gala last night, didn't find it that funny.

On the other hand, I actually really like Michael McIntyre.

It's like anything, some people like one thing, others don't. With comedians over the years it's the same.

The Mighty Boosh is popular now, but I think it's total rubbish - but then again, I thought Noel Fielding (one half of Mighty Boosh) was really funny during the Comedy Gala
      Yeah like Nathan Barley, I can't decide if it's funny or crap!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        "Will not let me go" will never again be heard without a smile.

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
        Apparently, he got a bottle of champagne on the house because BM was so impressed with the response.
        He asked me for directions to a gig once. I was taken aback by how polite he was.

And the band who were the support act said he was extremely helpful back stage and happy to offer advice.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          I saw a documentary on them a few months ago. They reckoned there was a definite North/South divide in the audience. We Northerners knew that it was a pair of lads having some fun, but the Southerners read it differently.

Comment

I like Rhod Gilbert - seen him live once, hilarious.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL2CaiydtLY

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              I like Rhod Gilbert - seen him live once, hilarious.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL2CaiydtLY
              "I always wanted to join the Navy when I was growing up in Wales.

I just wanted to go somewhere drier."

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                "I always wanted to join the Navy when I was growing up in Wales.

I just wanted to go somewhere drier."

I heard Jose Muriniho wanted the join the Navy so the world could see him....

Comment

I watched Scottish comic Kevin Bridges on Have I got News For You and the Comedy Gala last week and thought he was hilarious.

Loved his dry delivery style.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I had my first stag-night at the Embassy. Don't know where I'm having my next one...
                    Angels - Liverpool you won't regret it - specially if your mates pay so you can have the extra special private show

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Angels - Liverpool you won't regret it - specially if your mates pay so you can have the extra special private show

We'll see.
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X