• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summary of bloodbath/bannings of last night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    What makes you think this was all a joke? It didn't look like it or feel like it last night. It seemed exactly like RH being a total kn0b. Which is, let's be honest, the most likely explanation.
    Never ascribe to malice ( or conspiracy ) that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      What makes you think this was all a joke? It didn't look like it or feel like it last night. It seemed exactly like RH being a total kn0b. Which is, let's be honest, the most likely explanation.
      1 - NAT hasn't been banned. His custom title has been changed to Banned, but that's not quite the same. He appears on the list of members, so hasn't been banned. Only admin can change the custom title.

2 - NAT and RH have had their custom colour changed to blue, so that they look like normal posters rather than moderators. However, they appear on the list of moderators on each forum. Only admin can change the colours.

Looks like Churchill and MF went too far in their defence of the forum / aggression towards other posters (and each other) and were banned for it.

In just over an hour (or based on last night's timekeeping, in 4 minutes!) it will be after 12pm so can be revealed officially as a joke.
      If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Worst joke ever if so.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
          1 - NAT hasn't been banned. His custom title has been changed to Banned, but that's not quite the same. He appears on the list of members, so hasn't been banned. Only admin can change the custom title.

2 - NAT and RH have had their custom colour changed to blue, so that they look like normal posters rather than moderators. However, they appear on the list of moderators on each forum. Only admin can change the colours.

Looks like Churchill and MF went too far in their defence of the forum / aggression towards other posters (and each other) and were banned for it.

In just over an hour (or based on last night's timekeeping, in 4 minutes!) it will be after 12pm so can be revealed officially as a joke.
          And if it was a wind up, you are a monumental spoilsport

But I have my doubts anyway.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            And if it was a wind up, you are a monumental spoilsport
            Meh - I've been called worse, carling.

We'll find out soon enough.......

Comment

Meh - I've been called worse, carling.

We'll find out soon enough.......
              Guess we will
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

He appears on the list of members, so hasn't been banned.
                Are you sure? - I can't see him.

MF continued to post on mumsnet after he was banned and seemed to remain in good humour. I'm not sure that tells us a lot though because he is used to being banned and I think he is enjoying the attention from the mums at the minute. They'll accuse me of misogyny but it only needed him to open his wallet and suddenly they all started thinking highly of him.

Comment

But if you look at the forum leaders list - the ability to PM has gone

Comment

Neither NAT or RH are on the list of members, allthough their profiles are still there.

If they are blue again it is probably because they are no longer mods. Unsurpising given last nights shenanigans.

At which point I would have expected the hoax to have been revelaed in order to stop any further unpleasantness as it had clearly got out of hand.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                      Are you sure? - I can't see him.
                      Hmmmm - NAT isn't there any more, but he certainly was there earlier despite having a status of "Banned".

Maybe I'm wrong - it has happened in the past. I just don't think that I am.

Comment

Working...
                      X