• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 ttfn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    How odious do you want it? Two wars, one of them illegal, lies to parliament about WMDs, lies and cover up from the police about an innocent man they shot on the tube (I’m prepared to believe it was a mistake, but then it should be immediately admitted and the government should not tolerate any bulltulip in this), cooperating with imprisonment without trial, kidnap (extraordinary rendition) and torture (don’t tell me the government knew nothing about waterboarding), attempts to end habeas corpus, 28 days custody without charge (and they tried for 90), innocent people being arrested under terrorism laws for protesting close to parliament, national ID cards, surveillance of private communications; the Tories are far from perfect, and would need the Libs to balance them out on personal liberty, but this government has no regard for concepts like freedom or justice, should be thrown out at the first opportunity, and the ringleaders of the offences I have named should be charged with and tried for treason.

The nail in the coffin for me is this national care service which labour are pushing now that they have to contest an election.
    Another tax and spend policy... just what the country needs right now!
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post

the Tories haven't said that they will scrap IR35 at all.

They have said that if they are elected, then they would look at the legislation. That is a far cry from saying that they would scrap it.
      Exactly, and I don't like the sound of that phrase "clearer and fairer"
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        but this government has no regard for concepts like freedom or justice, should be thrown out at the first opportunity, and the ringleaders of the offences I have named should be charged with and tried for treason.
        One of the first things that New Labour did after being elected in 1997 was to remove the death penalty for treason.

I wonder why they did that?

Comment

Love this comment:

Nice one Tory idiots, propose tax changes that would change my life immeasurably for the better, but be so tulip you can’t even get elected against the biggest insane mong in the history of politics. Twats.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
            One of the first things that New Labour did after being elected in 1997 was to remove the death penalty for treason.

I wonder why they did that?
            What are you waffling about, Treason? This is Her Majesty's Government, elected by The People (repeatedly), carrying out their mandated policies. It therefore can not be treason.

Suggesting that the Queen's Ministers should be hanged for doing that might be treason, though.
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

Perhaps they could say that they had a mandate from the public regarding the war if they hadn't lied to get it through the house.

Also Labour fought the last election on the basis that that grinning spiv would do the full term, knowing full well that he was going to step aside for the fekwitt we've been saddled with.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                Clarified tax rules are fairer.
                At the moment lots of people are operating outside IR35, worrying about being caught and having to pay back taxes
                Others are operating within IR35 and worrying about throwing away large amounts of money each year by paying more tax than they have to.
                Tell that to the BN66 crowd. According to HMRC that was a "clarification".
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  Perhaps they could say that they had a mandate from the public regarding the war if they hadn't lied to get it through the house.

Also Labour fought the last election on the basis that that grinning spiv would do the full term, knowing full well that he was going to step aside for the fekwitt we've been saddled with.
                  They clearly did have a mandate from the publicc, having been elected time after time.

No they didn't fight it on that basis. Everybody knew that Blair would step down in favour of Brown. Some even thought it would happen sooner than it did.
                  Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                    What are you waffling about, Treason? This is Her Majesty's Government, elected by The People (repeatedly), carrying out their mandated policies. It therefore can not be treason.
                    Yes it can. I think you are overstating the relevance of The People in the relationship between the sovereign and his or her subjects.
                    Suggesting that the Queen's Ministers should be hanged for doing that might be treason, though.
                    That can't happen now because life imprisonment is the maximum sanction available.

Comment

No they didn't fight it on that basis. Everybody knew that Blair would step down in favour of Brown. Some even thought it would happen sooner than it did.
                      That is incorrect. Blair said that he would lead for a full parliament. He never intended to, but that was the commitment in the manifesto.
                      If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X