• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: IR35 ttfn

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IR35 ttfn"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    They clearly did have a mandate from the publicc, having been elected time after time.

No they didn't fight it on that basis. Everybody knew that Blair would step down in favour of Brown. Some even thought it would happen sooner than it did.
    Did he promise to do a full term?

Yes he did!

There are plenty of reports from the time. he only did because Brown would not have won! Brown can only be PM when there is no competition!

Even the Cabinet don't agree on the 'promise'

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Precisely. B Liar's 45 minute claim was based on 'information' gained from a taxi driver in Iraq, was not backed up by Hans Blix, who'd spent quite some time in Iraq looking for WMDs and hadn't found any, and was calculated to instill fear in the public and paralyse the opposition who could not be seen to oppose the government in a matter of national security. It was an outright lie that has led to the deaths more than 80,000 Iraqi citizens and many hundreds of British soldiers who signed up trusting that if they were sent to war it would be for a just cause and not a lie. Tony Blair, and all cabinet ministers who took part in this decision outside of those who resigned, therefore including Gordon Snot, is complicit in the murder of British soldiers and the illegal imprisonment and torture of British citizens. He is a liar, a traitor and a war criminal, should be tried in Britain for his offences and tried in the Hague for his support of torture.

New Labour and those people who continued to be members of a Labour government instead of destroying their membership cards when the lies were exposed are criminal scum, no better than the Ba'ath party they set out to destroy, and I, for one, would be absolutely delighted to see the labour party destroyed at the next election, never to return to power.

Get them out. Put the Libs in if you like or the tories if you need to, but get rid of this stinking puss filled boil of a government before they destroy any more lives.
    I thought it was much higher than that:

Total excess deaths, (Lancet) – December 2009: 1,366,350***[38][39][40] (highest estimate)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Perhaps they could say that they had a mandate from the public regarding the war if they hadn't lied to get it through the house.
    Precisely. B Liar's 45 minute claim was based on 'information' gained from a taxi driver in Iraq, was not backed up by Hans Blix, who'd spent quite some time in Iraq looking for WMDs and hadn't found any, and was calculated to instill fear in the public and paralyse the opposition who could not be seen to oppose the government in a matter of national security. It was an outright lie that has led to the deaths more than 80,000 Iraqi citizens and many hundreds of British soldiers who signed up trusting that if they were sent to war it would be for a just cause and not a lie. Tony Blair, and all cabinet ministers who took part in this decision outside of those who resigned, therefore including Gordon Snot, is complicit in the murder of British soldiers and the illegal imprisonment and torture of British citizens. He is a liar, a traitor and a war criminal, should be tried in Britain for his offences and tried in the Hague for his support of torture.

New Labour and those people who continued to be members of a Labour government instead of destroying their membership cards when the lies were exposed are criminal scum, no better than the Ba'ath party they set out to destroy, and I, for one, would be absolutely delighted to see the labour party destroyed at the next election, never to return to power.

Get them out. Put the Libs in if you like or the tories if you need to, but get rid of this stinking puss filled boil of a government before they destroy any more lives.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    No they didn't fight it on that basis. Everybody knew that Blair would step down in favour of Brown. Some even thought it would happen sooner than it did.
    That is incorrect. Blair said that he would lead for a full parliament. He never intended to, but that was the commitment in the manifesto.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    What are you waffling about, Treason? This is Her Majesty's Government, elected by The People (repeatedly), carrying out their mandated policies. It therefore can not be treason.
    Yes it can. I think you are overstating the relevance of The People in the relationship between the sovereign and his or her subjects.
    Suggesting that the Queen's Ministers should be hanged for doing that might be treason, though.
    That can't happen now because life imprisonment is the maximum sanction available.

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Perhaps they could say that they had a mandate from the public regarding the war if they hadn't lied to get it through the house.

Also Labour fought the last election on the basis that that grinning spiv would do the full term, knowing full well that he was going to step aside for the fekwitt we've been saddled with.
    They clearly did have a mandate from the publicc, having been elected time after time.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Clarified tax rules are fairer.
    At the moment lots of people are operating outside IR35, worrying about being caught and having to pay back taxes
    Others are operating within IR35 and worrying about throwing away large amounts of money each year by paying more tax than they have to.
    Tell that to the BN66 crowd. According to HMRC that was a "clarification".

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied

Also Labour fought the last election on the basis that that grinning spiv would do the full term, knowing full well that he was going to step aside for the fekwitt we've been saddled with.

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    One of the first things that New Labour did after being elected in 1997 was to remove the death penalty for treason.

I wonder why they did that?
    What are you waffling about, Treason? This is Her Majesty's Government, elected by The People (repeatedly), carrying out their mandated policies. It therefore can not be treason.

Suggesting that the Queen's Ministers should be hanged for doing that might be treason, though.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Love this comment:

Nice one Tory idiots, propose tax changes that would change my life immeasurably for the better, but be so tulip you can’t even get elected against the biggest insane mong in the history of politics. Twats.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    but this government has no regard for concepts like freedom or justice, should be thrown out at the first opportunity, and the ringleaders of the offences I have named should be charged with and tried for treason.
    One of the first things that New Labour did after being elected in 1997 was to remove the death penalty for treason.

I wonder why they did that?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post

the Tories haven't said that they will scrap IR35 at all.

They have said that if they are elected, then they would look at the legislation. That is a far cry from saying that they would scrap it.
    Exactly, and I don't like the sound of that phrase "clearer and fairer"

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    How odious do you want it? Two wars, one of them illegal, lies to parliament about WMDs, lies and cover up from the police about an innocent man they shot on the tube (I’m prepared to believe it was a mistake, but then it should be immediately admitted and the government should not tolerate any bulltulip in this), cooperating with imprisonment without trial, kidnap (extraordinary rendition) and torture (don’t tell me the government knew nothing about waterboarding), attempts to end habeas corpus, 28 days custody without charge (and they tried for 90), innocent people being arrested under terrorism laws for protesting close to parliament, national ID cards, surveillance of private communications; the Tories are far from perfect, and would need the Libs to balance them out on personal liberty, but this government has no regard for concepts like freedom or justice, should be thrown out at the first opportunity, and the ringleaders of the offences I have named should be charged with and tried for treason.

The nail in the coffin for me is this national care service which labour are pushing now that they have to contest an election.
    Another tax and spend policy... just what the country needs right now!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    You make it sound like it's all bad...

I suppose things can only get better...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    How odious do you want it? Two wars, one of them illegal, lies to parliament about WMDs, lies and cover up from the police about an innocent man they shot on the tube (I’m prepared to believe it was a mistake, but then it should be immediately admitted and the government should not tolerate any bulltulip in this), cooperating with imprisonment without trial, kidnap (extraordinary rendition) and torture (don’t tell me the government knew nothing about waterboarding), attempts to end habeas corpus, 28 days custody without charge (and they tried for 90), innocent people being arrested under terrorism laws for protesting close to parliament, national ID cards, surveillance of private communications; the Tories are far from perfect, and would need the Libs to balance them out on personal liberty, but this government has no regard for concepts like freedom or justice, should be thrown out at the first opportunity, and the ringleaders of the offences I have named should be charged with and tried for treason.
    And a mass immigration policy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X