• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professor Phil Jones exonerated.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On German prime time television (Arte) today, research in the cause of the sun on the climate.

They presented two key findings:

1. The sun spots and temp (ocean temps 50m down) correlate very closely.

2. They conducted experiments and proved through their experiments that cosmic rays do create clouds.

They took 2 years to get their research published no journal would touch it with criticisms of it´s too long, or it´s not interesting.

I think this was the research that was reported in the global warming swindle, on cosmic rays, but done in more depth. Good to see this making it´s way into the public debate, rather than the one sided debate.

also Der Spiegel (normally tows the AGW line) published a damning article article on climate science, particularly on rubbishing Phil Jones.

Anyway be interesting to see how the global temps change, over the next year or two, particularly when the El Nino subsides. Bastardi predicts a "crash".
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 2 April 2010, 23:28.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

The Cosmic Ray Hypothesis was indeed a feature of The Great Global Warming Swindle. The hypothesis is being experimentally tested at CERN but the project has yet to report. [Multi-million Euro project, so much for 'sceptics being 'frozen out']

There is one big obstacle: while cosmic ray flux has been directly monitored since the fifties and has basically flatlined, global temperatures have shot up. Ho hum.

Incidentally, the document listing the factual errors in the 'Swindle' mockumentary runs to 123 pages!
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

...and as CO2 has shot up since 2002 temperatures have declined slightly, as Phil Jones said in a recent interview, might not be statistically significant.

That seems to be a problem for the CO2 theory, I mean we are not talking 2 or 3 years we´re talking 12 years, i.e. since 1998, but since 1998 the sun has died down.

Lets see how the temperatures go shall we. With cold temperature records being broken all over the Northern Hemisphere, and the arctic ice extent now normal, growing at an unusually late time of the season, gives the impression that apart from the El Nino hot spot, that there is a background of ocean cooling. Just check out the Gulf stream in the SST charts. Takes time for the trends to turn the oceans contain huge amounts of water, and the surface temps only (which are high) represent a layer a few cm´s deep, and 2008 was a very cold year, as cold as 1979. So temps can turn very quickly can´t they.

so we will see won´t we.
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 3 April 2010, 09:37.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
        X