• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A micro boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done. To you, I dedicate this glass of Tio Pepe.

Comment

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Ones lasting a few days have such a more attractive rate too! Also, in my experience you don't have to know a darn thing about the job! All that matters is that the company paying you has persuaded some idiot that you can.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Top notch! Bravo! Nice one! etc etc

Oh and

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              A 5 day contractette that might lead onto greater things.

At the very least it's a good rate, interesting work and gets me out of the house, meeting new people.

Boom!

Well done cojak!

Another fact to consider is that new Financial years are about to start.
              It might just be that they are using up the last of this year's budget on a short trial period before splashing out on a longer Gig out of next year's dosh.
              If so.......Happy Days!
              Good luck anyway!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                A 5 day contractette that might lead onto greater things.

At the very least it's a good rate, interesting work and gets me out of the house, meeting new people.

Boom!

Some years back I had a 2 week Netware support contract that I ended up leaving after 3 years, numerous renewals and role changes

Comment

Well done cojak. Personally I liked the short contracts, except it was a pain having to keep finding new ones.

Comment

Well done, it's about time you got off the bench, you bum!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Well done! Excellent. When do you start?
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X