• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

i feel that,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good. It's way past your bedtime.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      You really bore me MF.

Off to bed. N'Night all.
      Goodnight

Don't wet the bed and watch out for burglers that come through the window.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Goodnight

Don't wet the bed and watch out for burglers that come through the window.
        Especially if they've got knives

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Bookmarked. I am not worthy...
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Bookmarked. I am not worthy...
          To be fair, I'm surprised you've found your way out of the Moderators Forum.

Nick, if NAT looks desperate can you make sure you show him where the bathrooms are

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Respect is something that is earned through action. While he was a mod here, I respected him for what he did, while not necessarily agreeing, but with a lot of understanding of what moderators have to do. Given my link, and this post, I have to say... I don't disrespect him, as such, but rather, I'm glum. I expected better.
            And this kind of observation helps? I'd have expected better of you.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

From this Thread
              Which is what I was assuming from the post. I'm not sure it's right for you or any of the other moderators to comment on it. Even though, Scots has decided to stick with his views and approach to moderating, he obviously felt the straw had broken the back.

I'm also a little disapointed with the reply from Admin in this thread.

Within the workplace, it can be commonplace for colleagues & management to ignore a parting shot or pay an embarrassed nod. I always find this approach disengenious(sic). Regardless, when a valued colleague goes, it is normally best to join in the farewell and bid bon voyage and keep ones views to oneself.

From a management perspective, it is my opinion, that those in charge, should take the big man approach and make an announcement to the assembly as a whole as if said colleague had left in a good light and give proper due recognition.

Thats my opinion and thats what I would have expected.
              Well bend me over and flip me gently!! MF the CUK voice of reason, diplomacy and dare I say moderation....

Well done that man - not just a provocative *rse then?

Whatever next?

Well.......Later this thread....
              .... Standard MF.....
              .... more Standard MF.....
              .... Business as usual.....
              A gem among a mountain of grit is still a gem!
              MF - I salute you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                From this Thread

Well bend me over and flip me gently!! MF the CUK voice of reason, diplomacy and dare I say moderation....

Well done that man - not just a provocative *rse then?

Whatever next?

Well.......Later this thread....

A gem among a mountain of grit is still a gem!
                MF - I salute you sir!
                I try and stick to a ratio 5-1. 1 Decent post followed by 5 quick fire drivel posts. Sometimes I even change the ratio, keeps everyone on their toes!
                Last edited by MarillionFan; 29 March 2010, 07:04.

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine View Post
                  the board now presents an extremely unprofessional face to the outside world and i'd prefer for my part not to be held accountable for this.

ta.

sp

Very sorry to hear that you're leaving.

Last edited by zeitghost; 6 April 2017, 10:52.

Comment

it is said, folks, you are what you eat

the same can be thought of with a Forum like this one, in as much as....

you are what smilies you offer your contributors.....

since the first time I saw it, I have thought this particular smilie is very very very sad

just what are the Admins/Moderators trying to say by offering a smilie like that ?

obviously, a good hand bagging in this forum is acceptable, and one could argue is even encouraged by the availability of such smilies

Admins, step #1, get rid of these smilies - - or alternatively keep it and do not be surprised by the depths your forum will fall to

in the past, banter on CUK was accentuated with these kind of olde worldy smilies... (Shaun's favourite) , (AtW's favourite) , (Cojak's favourite) and others....

banter, banter arguments could be 'won' in a happy Enid Blighton Five Go To CUK kind of way by the use of such friendly smilies

and today, for the benefit of making one's point more accentuated we have these smilies....

just what kind of discussion are CUK trying to encourage ? Just what kind of behaviour are CUK trying to encourage ? It only takes the use of a couple of these smilies at the right time and place and a discussion will degenerate into a one to one slanging match - is that what CUK wants ?

Admins, have a think about, it's your choice and your fault the way things are going and the way things will go, your actions will decide the fate of CUK General Forum.

Milan.
                    Last edited by milanbenes; 29 March 2010, 08:19.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      some tosh
                      Tosh.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X