• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Churchills trip home for XMas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    bent
    Is this the word association thread ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Is this the word association thread ?
      Nah, I was just checking youtube to see if I could get the clip.

Mary Whitehouse Experience

Character = Jarvis

"I was cruising Soho in my Bentley when I chanced upon a boy scout. Oh god. Where are you from I say? Stoke on Trent you say? Well you know what they say, Stoke on Trent, bent."

Must be a pretty obscure clip as I cannot find it.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Stockport

Comment

It sound like he is performing this song.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

And Manchester!!!

Gee but it's great to be back home!
            Home is where I want to be, yeah!

Have a good christmas all!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              And Manchester!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                And Manchester!!!

I enjoyed this thread. But that might have something to do with the 6 pints I drunk this afternoon.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  You are William Hague & I claim my 5 pints of wifebeater
                  I think William Hague drank 10 pints a day didn't he?
                  Still I am a Tory so whatevere works

Merry Crimbo everone
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm pleased that you're home and probably in the pub now.

But I do have to say that your story does lack the style, tension and drama of FaQQers journey from London to Manchester that he started back here http://forums.contractoruk.com/light...ost346219.html

<ASIDE> If anyone can tell me how I can link to a position within a thread that will work for every user no matter what their posts per page value is set to that would be really useful, thanks. Obviously I can link to a single-post view but that is not what I am looking to achieve here.

<EDIT> - Thanks Nick!
                    Last edited by Gonzo; 23 December 2009, 22:43. Reason: Usability improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                      <ASIDE> If anyone can tell me how I can link to a position within a thread that will work for every user no matter what their posts per page value is set to that would be really useful, thanks. Obviously I can link to a single-post view but that is not what I am looking to achieve here.
                      Open the single-post view. In the top right corner is a small link whose text is the thread title. The URL of that link (the value of the href attribute, to be precise) is a link to the original post by its post ID, which when followed will be redirected to the URL of the correct page for the individual user's setting, with a fragment that will scroll the page to the correct position.

So, in the case above, the small thread link is to http://forums.contractoruk.com/light...ost346219.html, which is resolved (for me) to http://forums.contractoruk.com/light...tml#post346219 - job done

Comment

Working...
                      X