• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racially aggravated assault!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    I've always assumed John Torode, the taller chef one was George.. sort of good natured but a bit dense.... Gregg Wallace is zippy, the mildly irritating bald one with the big mouth (sans zip unfortunately)
    Ah, yes. Makes much more sense. Least he knows what lamb is, though.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

This is not a troll post, b4 Dim reckons it is.

So is the following acceptable?

An ex-girlfriend was Malaysian, very dark skinned and we went to a very quiet country pub and sat in the corner. We had a couple of drinks and I went to the toilet.

A couple of yokels came in when I was in the toilet and sat at the bar, when I walked out they were talking very loudly so she could hear, looking at her, saying 'Pakis, I don't like Pakis, they shouldn't be allowed in here'

As I approached the bar, they said it again and looked at me. So I nodded and said' 'Yeah I know what you mean'. They nodded, and I punched the first guy on the stool very hard square in the face and off onto the floor with some strong words from me.

We then left.

She went mental, absolutely mental! and told me she would have preferred to have just drunk up and left!!!

Acceptable or not?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Acceptable or not?
        Not. Either of you.

He was wrong being racist, but he's entitled to his opinions without being assaulted.

But ethics aside, bravo!
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

...As I approached the bar, they said it again and looked at me. So I nodded and said' 'Yeah I know what you mean'. They nodded, and I punched the first guy on the stool very hard square in the face and off onto the floor with some strong words from me....
          Acceptable or not?
          Of course it wasn't acceptable. You should either have

1. After you'd punch the first guy, picked up the stool he'd been sitting on, and broken it over the head of the other guy.

or.

2. Reported it to the police as racist behaviour.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

An ex-girlfriend was Malaysian, very dark skinned and we went to a very quiet country pub and sat in the corner. We had a couple of drinks and I went to the toilet.

A couple of yokels came in when I was in the toilet and sat at the bar, when I walked out they were talking very loudly so she could hear, looking at her, saying 'Pakis, I don't like Pakis, they shouldn't be allowed in here'

As I approached the bar, they said it again and looked at me. So I nodded and said' 'Yeah I know what you mean'. They nodded, and I punched the first guy on the stool very hard square in the face and off onto the floor with some strong words from me.

We then left.

She went mental, absolutely mental! and told me she would have preferred to have just drunk up and left!!!

Acceptable or not?
            Are you asking is their behaviour acceptable? Sure.

I suspect you're asking, was your response acceptable.

Not sure resorting to physical violence is ever acceptable, but then - I wasn't in your shoes at that time.

Resorting to their level probably wasn't advisable. Idiots like that will never learn, so are best ignored.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

We then left.

Acceptable or not?
              you are a little treasure
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Are you asking is their behaviour acceptable? Sure.

I suspect you're asking, was your response acceptable.

Not sure resorting to physical violence is ever acceptable, but then - I wasn't in your shoes at that time.

Resorting to their level probably wasn't advisable. Idiots like that will never learn, so are best ignored.
                I was more surprised by her reaction. I thought she would have been more 'my hero' when in fact it was more 'you twat!'

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  you are a little treasure
                  Ebay! Boo!

Comment

I was more surprised by her reaction. I thought she would have been more 'my hero' when in fact it was more 'you twat!'
                    I would have been the same. You punching him eclipsed his racism and made him look like the victim.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      I would have been the same. You punching him eclipsed his racism and made him look like the victim.
                      This was about 14 years ago. I'm more of a thinking man these days.

Comment

Working...
                      X