• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The clean up operation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    You are sherlock Holmes and I give you your 5 cretins back
    busted
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      from the other thread...
      If the Moderators object to my comment on that thread I will happily remove it.

However my view is that threads referring to Association Football belong in the Light Relief section and doubly so when they refer to a "League" that is essentially composed of two teams from one city that attract deeply unpleasant sectarian comments. I'm far from the only CUK poster that doesn't give tuppence about game.
      If those views offend you Minestrone I'm sorry as you're one of the very few "fans" I've heard that has an actual claim to using the term "we" since you hold shares and have a genuine stake in your preferred team.

SY01's stream of "look at me" threads appears to have stopped so I'm happy to see him carry on posting in his current vein.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        IF however I see crap posts about kebabs in Germany for example, and other likewise cretinous threads, I will of course forget what I just said and carry on as normal.
        I'm a contractor, I work in Germany at the moment, and I'm partial to a kebab, so that thread is both interesting and useful to me.

Not everything that isn't about you and your immediate environment is "cretinous". It simply isn't of interest to you, which is fair enough, quite a lot of stuff on here isn't interesting to me either. I deal with this by ignoring it.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          I'm a contractor, I work in Germany at the moment, and I'm partial to a kebab, so that thread is both interesting and useful to me.

Not everything that isn't about you and your immediate environment is "cretinous". It simply isn't of interest to you, which is fair enough, quite a lot of stuff on here isn't interesting to me either. I deal with this by ignoring it.
          Fair point, well made.

WTF is it with all this thread bashing all of a sudden. It's all a bit Mary Whitehouse, if you don't like it don't read ffs. Not as if someone is holding a gun against your head to make you read every post and then contribute your disapproval thereafterwards.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Lots of self-indulgent dribble........

And please explain just why we actually NEED a "clean-up"?
            CUK has always had rules, yet the thing that separates it from countless sanitized and, frankly, quite banal forums is the fact that only seldom are they utilised. And a good thing too.
            It has existed and flourished in this form almost entirely as a result of this hands-off approach.
            Most of the long-term members have the initiative to work out for themselves which threads they want to get involved in. They do not require, as some johnny-come-lately types seem to, an over-vigilant posse of rookie mods tramping across all the threads feverishly thumbing through the rulebooks looking for section-relevance misdemeanours.
            If we are insistent upon altering the forum format then call "General" whatever you choose, but in order to maintain the unique character of CUK it is going to be necessary to also include a new section that caters for group-hugs, self-esteem issues, oversensitivity, and nitpicking!
            We could call it "Molly&Coddle - a place for all those that need the light left on at night.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              some johnny-come-lately types
              Oh, did the bad new boys shout at you?
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                If they did. We'd better not shout back because as grizzled veterans that's bullying & threatening and we should know better.

So do you want us to rollover and tickle our tummies?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  If they did. We'd better not shout back because as grizzled veterans that's bullying & threatening and we should know better.
                  Well, don't set me up as the spokesman of the new vanguard (whoever they are) because I'm not privy to that stuff. I'm a medium termer, not too new not too old. I think that gives me a certain perspective.

Be outraged by all means at the mods DARING to disregard you, but all the b*tchsquealing about it is highly unattractive. In the same way as you are telling the so-called bedwetters to eat it up or leave when it comes to the flamey culture in here, you lot need to take some of your own advice and stop the endless whinging about your bruised egos.
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Well, don't set me up as the spokesman of the new vanguard (whoever they are) because I'm not privy to that stuff. I'm a medium termer, not too new not too old. I think that gives me a certain perspective.

Be outraged by all means at the mods DARING to disregard you, but all the b*tchsquealing about it is highly unattractive. In the same way as you are telling the so-called bedwetters to eat it up or leave when it comes to the flamey culture in here, you lot need to take some of your own advice and stop the endless whinging about your bruised egos.
                    Little to the left please yin. Ah yes that's it higher higher.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Do you have a point at all?
                      I am not the one complaining about the status quo. You seem to have taken on the mantle of moral guardian for some unknown reason. Feeling left out or are you just a big Steven Seagal fan?
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X