• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The clean up operation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta say lads,

the majority of us have been playing here happily for the last 10 years

I've never had so much as a warning or a ban

now the next generation come along

and all they do is whinge and whine and want to be namby pamby mollycoddled and complain about rules and try to think up rules

isn't this representative of their generation, rules for the sake of rules instead of commonsense and understanding and knowing the difference in the fine line of over stepping the mark and not over stepping the mark

god help the country in the future with this lot around

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Do you have a point at all?
      Yes. Point is that it's hypocritical to point at the bedwetters and say "eat it up nancyboy" while at the same time whinge like kiddies about how the forum has changed from under you, woe is you.... seems it's only ok to be unreasonable and uncomfortable when it suits you.

I am not the one complaining about the status quo. You seem to have taken on the mantle of moral guardian for some unknown reason. Feeling left out or are you just a big Steven Seagal fan?
      He's cool.

No, not moral guardian, there's damn few morals around here and I'd be the last to claim the high ground.

I'm just poking around with a stick, I don't know the answer either.

Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        I gotta say lads,

the majority of us have been playing here happily for the last 10 years

I've never had so much as a warning or a ban

and all they do is whinge and whine and want to be namby pamby mollycoddled and complain about rules and try to think up rules

isn't this representative of their generation, rules for the sake of rules instead of commonsense and understanding and knowing the difference in the fine line of over stepping the mark and not over stepping the mark

Milan.
        this sounds like whining

HTH
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I must have missed these threads.

Comment

Milan.
            Exactly. All follow and no lead. God help us if there is another war. Wouldn't trust some of these youngsters to sit the right way round on a toilet. They'd probably need instruction on what way round to hold their white flags!
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

dude,

this is one of them

in the past we got on with it

this new generation instead of getting on with it simply want to discuss rules and what's right and wrong and tell tales on who did what to whom

and whinge and whine about why it's not them or how rules can make it better

in the past CUK was full of funny banter all day long

Milan.

Comment

you see,

Shaun the Sheep is agreeing with me....

'Exactly. All follow and no lead. God help us if there is another war. Wouldn't trust some of these youngsters to sit the right way round on a toilet. They'd probably need instruction on what way round to hold their white flags!
                '

and that don't happen very often folks, well certainly don't happen very often publicly !

Shaun, thanks, a classic example of old skool ShaunBhoy humour there

in yer army days you must have given a few lancejacks a good dressing down

Milan.

Comment

you see,

Shaun the Sheep is agreeing with me....

'Exactly. All follow and no lead. God help us if there is another war. Wouldn't trust some of these youngsters to sit the right way round on a toilet. They'd probably need instruction on what way round to hold their white flags!
                  '

and that don't happen very often folks, well certainly don't happen very often publicly !

Shaun, thanks, a classic example of old skool ShaunBhoy humour there

in yer army days you must have given a few lancejacks a good dressing down

Milan.

Milan,
                  you do realise that with that feeble effort you have just blown away any shred of credence your notion of "funny banter all day long" actually possessed?

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Milan,
                    you do realise that with that feeble effort you have just blown away any shred of credence your notion of "funny banter all day long" actually possessed?

HTH

Milan, posts the best retort above I have seen for many a month and then follows it up with that.

I suppose once just you've had a Di Vinci Code Moment, everything that follows....
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

dude,this is one of them.
                      Dude, you need to grow a thicker skin. So you need to post your highly unfunny in-jokes in LR instead of General, I'd hate to think of there being a war with THIS sort of whinging in the ranks.

this new generation instead of getting on with it simply want to discuss rules and what's right and wrong and tell tales on who did what to whom
                      Who is this new generation? And why should your views takle precedence over theirs? This is a general access board, not some sort of gentlemans club with a ranking based on seniority. Admit it - you're smarting because your ego is bruised.

and whinge and whine about why it's not them or how rules can make it better - in the past CUK was full of funny banter all day long
                      More whingeing. Truth is YOU want to be molly-coddled in your old familiar safe group where bad new people are sent packing. It's YOU who wants the group hug of your old safe friends you can shout at and they won't punch you on the nose.

Frankly it's pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X