• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Wonky Fruit ban defeated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is the beginning of the rot. What next? Wonky cars?
    Cats are evil.

Comment

But the rules remain unchanged for 10 types of produce, accounting for three-quarters of EU fruit and vegetable trade.
      They were: apples, citrus fruit, kiwi fruit, lettuces, peaches and nectarines, pears, strawberries, sweet peppers, table grapes and tomatoes.
      So the daftness hasn't been completely repealed.

I agree it mainly seems to be the UK that pays attention to this type of muppetry, I bought some veg in a grocers in Porto the other week and it was all shapes and sizes, but very good and a third of the price I would have paid at home.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Excellent. The only thing that made shopping with the wife an experience slightly this side of death was the chance of finding a fruit or veg that I could wave about shouting "Hey this one looks just like a nob!"
        I hold them with provocative stance and loudly proclaim "Ohh arr, fertilizer!"
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC
          We'd like to see your pictures of fruit and veg that might be aesthetically challenged.
          Is shaped like genitalia
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            So the daftness hasn't been completely repealed.

I agree it mainly seems to be the UK that pays attention to this type of muppetry, I bought some veg in a grocers in Porto the other week and it was all shapes and sizes, but very good and a third of the price I would have paid at home.
            If you buy fruit and veg in a Dutch supermarket it's likely to be a fairly standard shape, but that's because the supermarkets turn down funny shaped veg as it's logistically inconvenient and doesn't sell well. If you buy at the market or a farm shop you'll find delicious produce that often has a wierd appearance. I don't think anyone ever really took any notice of this mad legislation, after all, governments would have to spend money enforcing it and at the moment there are other priorities.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              I think this is the beginning of the rot. What next? Wonky cars?
              Er I think we did that to death in the 1950s-1970s
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
              X