• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sasguru banned? Missed that...Why?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    What don't you understand ?

Does that make it easier for you to understand?

Give it a rest with the "Business Model" nonsense and stop being so melodramatic. If CUK's survival is dependant upon the patronage of halfwits like you that cannot navigate their way to the correct section of the Forum, then God help it.
    Don't let the door hit yer arse on the way out if it is all too much of an ordeal for you.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It's not just name changes - there's the upgrade to do as well, and there were some good (and not so good) suggestions for a new structure and rules that were made in the ideas thread. It takes time to do.

The "problem" (or issue, I guess), as I see it, is that there are a core group of users who have been on here since forever. They know how the forum is run (or has been run in the past) and see no problem with it. However, CUK is a business, and as such cannot rely on that core group to boost the traffic to the site. In order to attract more people, at least part of the site needs to be more professional - by all means have the General stuff, but further away from where the newbies (who are not accustomed to your traditions) see it straight away, leave, and then discourage others from visiting.

Behaviour that drives traffic away is not a good business model.
      ok. So that's the agenda, and root cause behind the kerfuffle of late.

Guess time will tell if driving the regulars away was a smart policy or not, from a business perspective, but I suspect the people who have been loyal to this site, have been so for a reason, which now seems to no longer be valid.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        ok. So that's the agenda, and root cause behind the kerfuffle of late.
        I don't know - I am not the administrator. But vBulletin, servers, staff don't come for free, and advertisers won't pay for something that is not generating income for them.

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        Guess time will tell if driving the regulars away was a smart policy or not, from a business perspective, but I suspect the people who have been loyal to this site, have been so for a reason, which now seems to no longer be valid.
        I don't believe that anyone who has left recently will not be back. There have been two successful flounces that I can remember - wendigo and TLG. Everyone else says that they will leave, and then they come back eventually.
        If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          , surely?
          If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

What don't you understand ?

Does that make it easier for you to understand?

Wow.

That is an annoying post.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

But there is no one reason why people left and have been banned. The place just erupted in to Anarchy. And no one could do right for doing wrong.

The basics as I see it is we have a general and a LR. Rules got lax for awhile and the old school trolls just ignored this. The site gets busier and trolls get trollier (?!?) and things need pulling in to line. At this point all hell breaks lose. Certain trolls take it upon themselves to be complete assholes and stir things up, most of which are gone now. The mods try their best and fall over themselves and people get up set with modding and leave.

Old timers don't like change. THats in any industry or walk of life. Changes had to come in to clean the board up and keep it alive. They don't like it an leave. That is life. It isn't the end of the world.

And this banning thing. OK some people didn't actually break the rules but being a pain in the ass and being hell bent on doing nothing but cause trouble for mods and other users is not good and they have to go for the good of the board regardless of rules.

The board is getting busier and needs to grow. A few people need to be more mindful of the rules, more of us need to be more tolerant of the changes. Those that can't do that and will leave. Others will join and live moves on.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You claimed that the majority of people left because of trolling but could not name one person. Really I think you are talking out of your arse here northernlad.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  The board is getting busier and needs to grow. A few people need to be more mindful of the rules, more of us need to be more tolerant of the changes. Those that can't do that and will leave. Others will join and live moves on.
                  Disagree.

It is quieter than ever.

There are a few newbs here and there that seem to be relishing the way the more seasoned posters are being treated when they continue to post the way they always have.

I don't like change.
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    You claimed that the majority of people left because of trolling but could not name one person. Really I think you are talking out of your arse here northernlad.
                    Excellant use btw of the word "arse" rather than the sad-fook-yankee-wannabee-all-too-prevalent-these-days "ass"
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                      I don't like change.
                      Yeh, I wish cashiers would keep more £5 notes in the till. All those coins bag out my pockets.
                      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Working...
                      X