• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All nighter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    you can stay

why are you up so late?
    Not sure to be honest so think I will leave you to it. I will dream about all the $$$'s in overtime you are making that I will never see..

Good luck
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      There is no system test. They are telling porkies.
      You have to devise your own tests (communicated to them beforehand) and accept or reject on that basis.
      now you're getting technical

Head of global PMO (software background) recognises that system testing is pretty much meaningless.

And knows that I do my utmost to fill the gap, even though this is outside the role for a typical BA. We see eye to eye. Both from software development background, similar war wounds. This is why (I hear on the grape vine) he is plumping for me to manage the supplier.

To be fair since I have been coaching the test manager and testers they have upped their game but it is too little too late, 9.2 is about to hit the buffers. Release 10 has been dead in the water since release 9, my call)
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Not sure to be honest so think I will leave you to it. I will dream about all the $$$'s in overtime you are making that I will never see..

Good luck
        more likely to be time off in lieu

but still you seem like a nice fella, thanks for your company

Comment

Me no technical duh!

You have to push back. And Lordy I had to when I was in that spot
          All sorts of carp came my way. Woman, numpty, cow etc. Till I recoded one of their worst examples (not my job btw) and showed the beggars up. Long story, lack of understanding but I should have had less understanding than them ... according to Microsoft
          I really hope the night is not too long.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Me no technical duh!

You have to push back. And Lordy I had to when I was in that spot
            All sorts of carp came my way. Woman, numpty, cow etc. Till I recoded one of their worst examples (not my job btw) and showed the beggars up. Long story, lack of understanding but I should have had less understanding than them ... according to Microsoft
            I really hope the night is not too long.
            recoding not an option I'm afraid. UAT should be complete by COB thursday. The customer has had carp delivered in the past and has expressly ordered me not to deliver anything that has not passed the most rigorous of testing. Apparently they have spent many a night testing had tulipe delivered. So much so that they have missed objectives and hence missed bonuses.

I have assured him when I pass something over for UAT it is worth testing.

This is going nowhere near him at present.

Comment

Hang on there M. Suity
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Moral support smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Moral support smiley
                  Hang on there M. Suity
                  Now that's what I'm talking about. Making CUK great again

Comment

I'm so glad that last week's BS is gone. Seems like we are back to 'normal' around here

EDIT: soz SY01 must kip now ... hope it all goes well

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      I just don't understand how this tulip gets through system test
                      What are the specs for the system tests? Or do they just make tulip up to work with the tulip they've turned out?

I feel your pain, BTW - although at least the last time I had to pull an all-nighter, I'd written the whole damn thing anyway so it was my problem; somehow it's easier when one's only coping with one's own idiocy

Good luck <-manly

Comment

Working...
                      X