• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All those headhunter threads (well some of them)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Most of these companies operate on a referral/recommendation basis have spoken to people you have worked with at varying companies before approaching you.

They don't find your CV online and then approach you. You'll normally match niche requirements which is why you'll get a call.

That's certainly been my experience of it.
    It's only happened to me once. I was totally unsuitable for the job, but I was recommended by someone who knew me. The headhunter kept trying to talk me into applying. And she was polite, she was very upfront about money etc. ,there was a great deal of flattery and she kept calling.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I have never been headhunted out of a role, much to my chagrin.

Seems like there''s a lot of it about?

Has anyone been headhunted?
      Yes
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I was speaking to an old colleague of mine the other day for the first time in ages. He told me he had been headhunted and I instantly just thought "you are a cock and I no longer wish to talk to you". Jealousy? Maybe, I dunno. Perhaps, but he did sound like a proper cock the way he said it.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          So hardly likely to have occurred in the bland pedestrian field that sg frequents then?
          unless prefixed with the word "Dick"
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
          X