• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All those headhunter threads (well some of them)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    How quaint. £50K? Do people actually work for that sort of money?
    You are Stephen Byers AICMFP....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I was sorely tempted to halve my income with those ego boosting words.

They'd prob give you a good title too like Junior Vice Presedent. Worth the drop in wages on it's own. Junior Vice Presedent of Analytics and Spreadsheets with numners in it. Sounds tops.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Really? As an aside, there's no such word as "gullable" in the OE Dictionary.
        You are actually right: although inadvertently I suspect

Edit: Despite your later attempt!

Comment

I was sorely tempted to halve my income with those ego boosting words.

I can imagine the conversation now

"Hello Mr Dim Prawn, I'm a headhunter who would like to prize you from you highly paid perm position. I came across you posting on ContractorUK and in our opinion you are well overpaid and your present employer would like you to bugger off elsewhere at half the money. Hello? Hello????"
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Why are there so meany headhunted doubters?

Because it doesn't really happen in the techie world.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              How quaint. £50K? Do people actually work for that sort of money?
              Of course!

Per quarter!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ahem.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                  When an agent phones you up and asks if you'll consider leaving your current gig, this is not headhunting. You have not been headhunted.
                  You are quite right.

Headhunting is conducted in order to find a short list of the best/most suitable people within an entire skills market. To headhunt you need to find every candidate and then establish the best/most suitable and then approach them directly.

Getting a phone call out of the blue as a referral from someone else does not mean you have been headhunted, nor does it mean that you are particularly special.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    You are quite right.

Headhunting is conducted in order to find a short list of the best/most suitable people within an entire skills market. To headhunt you need to find every candidate and then establish the best/most suitable and then approach them directly.

WHS
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

They called me up, knew all about me, and asked me if I'd like a £50K a year permie job.

All very well, but I was earning a lot more than that at the time.
                      That happened to me in 1998. But like you, I was earning a lot more than was on offer, I didn't want to move to the US, and I wouldn't want US leave allowances.

When I left my last permie management job, I was sought out for a CIO job with one of the oil companies. Not the CIO, but CIO of some section of it.

But mostly it's done to make either you feel special, or the agent. (I.e. I'm not an agent, I'm a headhunter! )
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X