• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour's very own "Cash for Questions" row

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I am surprised how little is being made of this, it only made it on page 9 of the paper I read this morning.
    Daily Star?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I am surprised how little is being made of this, it only made it on page 9 of the paper I read this morning.
      It was broadcast loud and clear on Beeb Radio yesterday afternoon.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I watched the news yesterday afternoon and it was 4 or 5th on the list.

Oh, and the scotsman.

Comment

Disinterest

I watched the news yesterday afternoon and it was 4 or 5th on the list.

Oh, and the scotsman.
          Thieving, corrupt, unethical and incompetant politicians are not exactly news anymore
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

They've been suspended from Labour - does that actually mean anything?
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Again that actually only makes 3rd slot on the BBC news website.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
                There are a few other names involved but looking at the main culprits:

Byers - Damaged Goods
                Hoon/Hewitt - Recently involved in a very embarressing coup which came to nothing

Maybe Labour can stick the knife in and get rid of them, and then claim decisiveness on sleaze in the runup to the election.
                Yes, I thought it was a little coincidental that these two were suddenly in the frame and as per this mornings news, now expelled from the PLP. He's a sly bugger that Mandy.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

What's happened to the Tory who was banging on about being even more use when he gets to the Lords?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    What's happened to the Tory who was banging on about being even more use when he gets to the Lords?
                    Sir John Butterfill. No news on his fate yet. He was embroiled in the expenses row and voluntarily paid back £17,500.

Butterfill is one of the 98 MPs who voted to keep their expense details secret.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear he was standing down at the next election, possibly to "spend more time with his family".

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                      He's not going to be a lord!
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X