• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chocolate or Flowers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chocolate or Flowers

GSP leaving for other end of the country next week. So....which leaving gift is more likely to get me some before she leaves
    Chocolates
    31.82%
    Flowers
    18.18%
    AndyWs Mum wouldn't mind
    50.00%

An engagement ring?

Probably not what you wanted to hear ...
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      An engagement ring?

Probably not what you wanted to hear ...
      Damn right. Ok for the avoidance of doubt I'm not being serious but never let that stand in the way of a good poll. For those of you that are new. GSP = Grandma Sockpuppet (not German Shepard Pup NF) a older (well 33) lady that a friend introduced me to.

The source of a fair bit of fail on my part including when I got asked back to hers one night for a coffee and all that happened was she made me a hot drink

Comment

From experience chocolate does it every time.

Short term hit but more intense than fragrant flowers over time.

Then again, is diet a consideration? Tough call.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          GSP leaving for other end of the country next week. So....which leaving gift is more likely to get me some before she leaves
          Sorry sp, there isn't a simple formula.

The answer depends on the woman, have you got to know her a bit at all?

Mrs Gonzo responds to flowers over chocolates every time but not all women are the same.

Comment

Flowers mate, chocolates cause tooth decay and might hasten the use of dentures.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
              Based on the title of the poll "Which is more likley to get Sockpuppet blown", maybe that's the plan.....
              Whatever floats his boat, there are no limits to sexual fetishes in this universe.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Feck it. I'll just get her drunk

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  flip it. I'll just get her drunk
                  You are such a romantic
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    You are such a romantic
                    Can you blame me Choclates are a might work, might not option.

I just like to manage risk and have steps in place to mitigate it where I can.

Besides the Thornton's website is far too confusing. I was looking for "Good luck with the move, why yes I have put a lot of effort and thought into this gift but no I'm not after a shag; however if you think its a good idea I could soon change my mind" chocolates. All it had was the friends section which just didn't seem to fit the bill

Comment

Working...
                    X