• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stand by, and watch 1992 happen all over again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's not forget twatting some Argies for votes. And killing some of my mates....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
      I remember that too. Infact I went to the milk rounds in 1988 gauranteed a job as a graduate only to find there wasn't any jobs by time I'd actually finished... I blame labour.
      Nice one. Who need to let facts (like Con govt 1979-1997) get in the way?
      Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
        That is exactly what happened. I don't know whether the Tory fans here have forgotten that, are too young to have seen it, don't care that it happened, or just blindly deny that it happened. Perhaps some of them can tell us?
        But then what's different with labour? Except higher taxes...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          And I went to uni and had the time of my life.

Memory is a funny thing, isn't it.
          Same here except I was at Poly. I worked two nightshifts a week as a forklift driver, so as a student I had no financial worries at all. 1992 = grunge, booze and fornication.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Let's not forget twatting some Argies for votes. And killing some of my mates....
            Yup. Thatcher was a dead zombie walking, having been a worse disaster for the economy and the country than even Callaghan's worst days, until killing Argies won the people round and saved her.

We lost that war, in that we gained years of Thatcherism.
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

Nice one. Who need to let facts (like Con govt 1979-1997) get in the way?
              Ok, because of what happened in 1979 to 1997 vote gordon back in... that's your choice. I'm voting for Cameron. End of.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                But then what's different with labour? Except higher taxes...
                Is that a YES you admit the Tories did that? Or a NO they didn't or at least if they did it doesn't matter because I don't like Labour.....?
                Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Me too.

A nice woman was having her evil way with me for much of it.

Only one? You poor fellow.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Maggie killed your mates? Or did your mates sign up for the army and get posted? My mates did to, and luckily they came back. But they choose the army life.

Comment

Is that a YES you admit the Tories did that? Or a NO they didn't or at least if they did it doesn't matter because I don't like Labour.....?
                      There's no point arguing with Jeebo. He's usually drunk or stoned and the largest Walter Mitty character on here.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X