• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stand by, and watch 1992 happen all over again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I get some of my hair back?

Comment

Will I get some of my brain cells back?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Perhaps the Tories don’t want to get into government with such a poor economy.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
          Many of the voters in 1992 still remembered the labour mess of the 70s (usual cycle at the end of a labour gov.) and what Maggie had done to make a prosperous late 1980s.

By 1997 everyone was rich. Mainly because they a) released the equity on their homes and bought boats and holiday homes or b) they just got 5 credit cards with 15K credit on each and no one seemed to bother they only had a 18K a year salary.

And so they felt that they should do the decent thing and spread the wealth ... voted labour. Labour duly taxed them to flip and gave to the public services and the chav classes.

And so in 2010 ... the cycle starts again.

You really are a prize moron, aren't you.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

You really are a prize moron, aren't you.

You are so funny for a social inadequate ...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I really enjoyed 1992.
              Great times!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                Many of the voters in 1992 still remembered the labour mess of the 70s (usual cycle at the end of a labour gov.) and what Maggie had done to make a prosperous late 1980s.

By 1997 everyone was rich. Mainly because they a) released the equity on their homes and bought boats and holiday homes or b) they just got 5 credit cards with 15K credit on each and no one seemed to bother they only had a 18K a year salary.

And so they felt that they should do the decent thing and spread the wealth ... voted labour. Labour duly taxed them to flip and gave to the public services and the chav classes.

And so in 2010 ... the cycle starts again.
                Actually I remember the tories presiding over a recession which, while supposedly not as severe as this one seemed to impact people a lot more, and I remember people losing their houses, and widespread negative equity that took years to overcome.

And I remember relentless sleaze and corruption. One scandal after another.

And I went to uni and had the time of my life.

Memory is a funny thing, isn't it.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Actually I remember the tories presiding over a recession which, while supposedly not as severe as this one seemed to impact people a lot more, and I remember people losing their houses, and widespread negative equity that took years to overcome.

Perception too...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I remember that too. Infact I went to the milk rounds in 1988 gauranteed a job as a graduate only to find there wasn't any jobs by time I'd actually finished... I blame labour. But then I was so spangled and uni I didn't really give a tulip. Happy happy daze.

Comment

That is exactly what happened. I don't know whether the Tory fans here have forgotten that, are too young to have seen it, don't care that it happened, or just blindly deny that it happened. Perhaps some of them can tell us?
                      Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
                      X