• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stand by, and watch 1992 happen all over again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Gordon Bennett, at my age one was enough.

I thought I was going to die once or twice.
    Ah, I see. I was a young athlete with toned, rippling muscles, a mane of longish blonde hair and time on my hands and money in my pocket. I’m glad I don’t have to go out looking for a girl these days; I think it would be a little more difficult than back in 1992. Their taste appears to have changed
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Odd isn't it?
      Women, eh

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        There's no point arguing with Jeebo. He's usually drunk or stoned and the largest Walter Mitty character on here.
        There's no point arguing with Tarquin - he's so entrenched he'll hit China next week.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Women, eh
          As I may have said before,

You can't live with 'em, you can't hack of their heads and bury them under the patio...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
            I'm voting for Cameron. End of.
            If you have the opportunity to vote for Cameron, then it makes very little difference since the Lib Dems are unlikely to overturn the 14k majority that he has at the next election.

Or did you mean that you were going to vote for the party of which he is the leader? It's not quite the same thing, you know.
            If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              There's no point arguing with Jeebo. He's usually drunk or stoned and the largest Walter Mitty character on here.
              You really are a silly billy aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                As I may have said before,

You can't live with 'em, you can't hack of their heads and bury them under the patio...
                Yep, I’ve laid one patio in my life and then said ‘never again’. Bloody pain in the arse trying to get it level.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                  If you have the opportunity to vote for Cameron, then it makes very little difference since the Lib Dems are unlikely to overturn the 14k majority that he has at the next election.

Or did you mean that you were going to vote for the party of which he is the leader? It's not quite the same thing, you know.
                  You pendantic fool. Of course I could argue that you are not only voting for a party but a prime minister as well but ...

You know what was meant. Leave the silly little games to people who have to call themselves guru's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                    You pendantic fool. Of course I could argue that you are not only voting for a party but a prime minister as well but ...
                    ... you're not - as Gordon Brown and John Major have shown. You are voting for the party not the person who happens to be leading it at the time.
                    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                      That is exactly what happened. I don't know whether the Tory fans here have forgotten that, are too young to have seen it, don't care that it happened, or just blindly deny that it happened. Perhaps some of them can tell us?
                      I do remember how the IT contractor market flourished after Thatcher implemented her reforms of the Nationalised industries, and how it continued to flourish until your lot took over.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X