• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Religion - Root of all Evil?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religion - Root of all Evil?

Watch Channel 4, 8 pm, Monday 9th January
    It's Richard Dawkins with his usual clear and lucid exposition, I believe.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Cool, will pop it in my Sky+ planner!

For my two bits worth, religion itself is not evil. People are evil and use religion to justify their actions.

Comment

Actually the trailer quoted him as saying:

"Without religion evil people would do evil things, and good people would do good things. Only with religion do good people do evil things".

makes sense to me...
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
        Cool, will pop it in my Sky+ planner!

For my two bits worth, religion itself is not evil. People are evil and use religion to justify their actions.

People themselves are not evil. Women are evil and use Men to justify their actions.

Comment

Women are evil?

Originally posted by Phoenix
          People themselves are not evil. Women are evil and use Men to justify their actions.
          I'm not sure about that. Doesn't evil imply choice and deliberate intent, rather than just plain stupidity.

NOTE FOR THE HARD OF THINKING - THE ABOVE STATEMENT WAS INTENDED TO BE HUMOUROUS AND WAS NOT INTENDED TO DENIGRATE WOMEN OF ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, SORRY, IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.
          Why not?

Comment

nah, they use the sex discrimination act to justify their actions!

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
              I'm not sure about that. Doesn't evil imply choice and deliberate intent, rather than just plain stupidity.

NOTE FOR THE HARD OF THINKING - THE ABOVE STATEMENT WAS INTENDED TO BE HUMOUROUS AND WAS NOT INTENDED TO DENIGRATE WOMEN OF ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, SORRY, IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.

I choose my women with deliberate intent, then I am made to feel plain stupid?

Disclaimer:-
              THE ABOVE STATEMENT WAS ALSO INTENDED TO BE HUMOUROUS

Comment

we have a misogynist in our midst do we not?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Chico seems to have disappeared. Licking his wounds no doubt, after he was proved to be an IT fraud and wannabee. Notice how he always ignores Xerxes, the only real Christian on this board?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

He's still logging on regularly. Probably waiting for the reply to his email to stock-answers.com before posting anything.
                    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
                    X